Goliath Length - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Goliath Length

No i'm not talking about my love truncheon.

My brand spankin new Bataleon Goliath just arrived. I am now worried that it might be a bit short. Need some reassurance from you good people.

I am 5'71/2" pushing 5'8" and weigh 62lbs. Is a 153 too short for me??

*gulp*
abensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am going to assume you weight 162 pounds, and not 62. In the park that would be okay, you might have some stability-at-speed-issues if you plan to hit more groomers than park though.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by abensie View Post
No i'm not talking about my love truncheon.

My brand spankin new Bataleon Goliath just arrived. I am now worried that it might be a bit short. Need some reassurance from you good people.

I am 5'71/2" pushing 5'8" and weigh 62lbs. Is a 153 too short for me??

*gulp*
What is your foot size?
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

i'm an 81/2 shoe size - can;t remember the size of my boots. I'll post it when i get home. Could that be a problem? I hadn;t even considered that it would make a difference!! :-(
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You will be just fine unless you're planning to ride it through a bunch of powder or you're planning to go mach 1 down a groomer.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

So i think my feet will be ok cos the shop just told me up to ten. Worried though because i am not a big park rider. However i'm not a massive speed freak either. I'm just worried that when i start pushing it i am going to have issues. It's not a big deal but i kinda want it to last me a while.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by abensie View Post
i'm an 81/2 shoe size - can;t remember the size of my boots. I'll post it when i get home. Could that be a problem? I hadn;t even considered that it would make a difference!! :-(
Likely no problem, but let's find out for sure. It only takes a few minutes and you want to know before the board is used. Too expensive to have less than the perfect fit.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

Also, let us know your stance width and angles.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Likely no problem, but let's find out for sure. It only takes a few minutes and you want to know before the board is used. Too expensive to have less than the perfect fit.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

Also, let us know your stance width and angles.

Thanks.
I will take overkill for 200, Trebeck.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
I will take overkill for 200, Trebeck.
Nothing succeeds like excess

Let me explain why I asked. Look back at the last 5 or 6 threads where we have done this. In most of those threads, the reported shoe size ie "My shoe size is 8.5" has ended up being off (always reported over) by between 1/2 and 1 and 1/2 shoe sizes. This is VERY common. Why? Because shoe and boot manufacturers do not accurately stick to actual foot meaurements, and this has become worse over the last few years. But, your board does not care what size is printed on your brand new boots, it only responds to actual foot size.

The Goliath 153 is 24.5 at the waist, but is 25.6 at the center inserts. An 8.5 foot is 26.5 cm. That leaves the OP less than .9 of a cm before he is inside the confines of the board's edges IF he rides at 0 degree angles. If he rides at heavy angles, he may already be inside the edges which would mean a poor fit. If his shoe size is less than size 8.5 (which is not unlikely) then that will be a problem.

Brother asked a question, so let's give him a thorough, definitive answer.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Nothing succeeds like excess

Let me explain why I asked. Look back at the last 5 or 6 threads where we have done this. In most of those threads, the reported shoe size ie "My shoe size is 8.5" has ended up being off (always reported over) by between 1/2 and 1 and 1/2 shoe sizes. This is VERY common. Why? Because shoe and boot manufacturers do not accurately stick to actual foot meaurements, and this has become worse over the last few years. But, your board does not care what size is printed on your brand new boots, it only responds to actual foot size.

The Goliath 153 is 24.5 at the waist, but is 25.6 at the center inserts. An 8.5 foot is 26.5 cm. That leaves the OP less than .9 of a cm before he is inside the confines of the board's edges IF he rides at 0 degree angles. If he rides at heavy angles, he may already be inside the edges which would mean a poor fit. If his shoe size is less than size 8.5 (which is not unlikely) then that will be a problem.

Brother asked a question, so let's give him a thorough, definitive answer.

I understand wanting to give him lots of info, and not trying to hate. However, no one who rides park for any length of time rides at 0/0 and have something other than 0/0 does not constitute a poor fit. If a size 8-8.5 boot cannot fit on a 153cm park board, then no one will fit on it.