if YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE with salomon relay bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
jbeck

Default if YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE with salomon relay bindings

The salomon bindings are supposed to work with their (supposedly great) boots, which are not so gigantic like most boots, so the bindings are supposed to fit the smaller salomon boots like a glove.

Can anyone who has switched to solomon bindings tell me what they think, and which bindings and boots they used?

I have mainstream burton, ride, and DC stuff now, but who'se to say a less popular company can't have a better product?

Thanks ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I can't tell you anything about their bindings but I borrowed some Salomon boots from a friend a few years back and they were comfy and warm for sure. They actually fit my feet pretty well. They didn't seem to have that much of a low profile (smaller boot per foot size than most) compared to my Burton Ions but definitely compared to my old Ride Orions.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
PapaWood

I have strapped into soloman bindings (not specifically the relays) before with my Burton Sabbath boots and they fit no problem. The inside of the boot on solomans are generally more narrow which is probably what you confused with "smaller". As far as I know the actual boot size is not significantly different than other brands.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWood View Post
I have strapped into soloman bindings (not specifically the relays) before with my Burton Sabbath boots and they fit no problem. The inside of the boot on solomans are generally more narrow which is probably what you confused with "smaller". As far as I know the actual boot size is not significantly different than other brands.
That's not true... the overall footpritnt of Salomon boots is about 1-1.5 sizes smaller than most other companies out there except perhaps the newer ride stuff which is designed the same way.

In terms of the bindings, I have not ridden the Relays but they are much different from their SPX series. They have a soft heel-cup but stiffer highback with a cable attached. It basically provides support while allowing tweakability due to the soft heel cup. I was very close to buying a pair last year but there were some issues with the ratchets that stopped me from doing so. They have fixed that for this year though and all should be good. Definitely an interesting technology and take on binding design
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
PapaWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
That's not true... the overall footpritnt of Salomon boots is about 1-1.5 sizes smaller than most other companies out there except perhaps the newer ride stuff which is designed the same way.

In terms of the bindings, I have not ridden the Relays but they are much different from their SPX series. They have a soft heel-cup but stiffer highback with a cable attached. It basically provides support while allowing tweakability due to the soft heel cup. I was very close to buying a pair last year but there were some issues with the ratchets that stopped me from doing so. They have fixed that for this year though and all should be good. Definitely an interesting technology and take on binding design

Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWood View Post
Interesting, I didn't know that, thanks.
No problem
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
birzy

toe strap too long, ankle strap too short for my lashed size 11..
Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm riding on Relays for my backcountry set up. I didn't have any sizing issues with them and my Vans boots. The soft heel cup pretty much feels like a normal heel cup to me. The only thing I have to say is I got last years model and the stupid toe ladder won't stay in the sleeve. So I got these long ass ladders sticking out on my binders. That problem is fixed this year. Otherwise, they seem to be a great binding so far.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
siberianmist

i was ging to get the relays, but i got the spx pro's instead. i like them a lot better than my cartels and tech nine bindings. cartels were nice but the high back was too high and they were a bit stiff.