Good Beginner Boards for my Fiance - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Good Beginner Boards for my Fiance

So I have been snowboarding for about 7 years and I am pretty fluent with the brands and styles...for guys. When it comes to women, embarassingly, I dont really know much about the "other" brands.

I am looking for a good starter board for my fiance. We went boarding about 6 times last year and she used rentals, as we all know, if you can ride a rental you can ride almost anything. Any way, she is about 5'5" and 125 lbs. She rode a 143 last year but I am thinking about looking at a 145 or 146. She knows how to carve but thats about it. I want a freeride board that will hold up to beatings but I am not looking for something starting at $600 from Burton or Neversummer.

I am looking at a few boards from Dub, Tech Nine and LTD. In your infinite opinions, would these be alright starter brands for her or should I look for something else.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

->Ty<-
150 Rome SDS Artifact
Burton Moto Bindings
DC Sharkskin Boots
TyNeusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Since you mentioned Technine, it is worth mentioning that T9 women's boards have won Transworld Good Wood 6 years in a row and have 10 total women's awards. Even if you think (like we do) that non-blind board tests are bogus, these boards were still winning when the tests were blind. Our favorite T9 Women's board for this season is the Glam Rocker.

Technine Glam Rocker 2011 Snowboard

Two other great choices are the award winning Flow Venus and the Bataleon Distortia.

There are many other great options as well.

PS: Let us all know her shoe size so we can make some informed sizing suggestions.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Seriously, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the help. I am really leaning towards T9. I think she will really be ably to grow with that company.

Her shoe size is 7.

Again thanks for your help.
TyNeusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

T9 Glam Rocker 144 or Bataleon Distortia 143 ar both strong options.

Have a great season!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Since you mentioned Technine, it is worth mentioning that T9 women's boards have won Transworld Good Wood 6 years in a row and have 10 total women's awards. Even if you think (like we do) that non-blind board tests are bogus, these boards were still winning when the tests were blind. Our favorite T9 Women's board for this season is the Glam Rocker.

Technine Glam Rocker 2011 Snowboard

Two other great choices are the award winning Flow Venus and the Bataleon Distortia.

There are many other great options as well.

PS: Let us all know her shoe size so we can make some informed sizing suggestions.

Thanks!
how about a recommendation for a young woman's all mountain board for an intermediate rider weight of 110 , size 8.5 boot .... 5 feet 7 and growing
neveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveo View Post
how about a recommendation for a young woman's all mountain board for an intermediate rider weight of 110 , size 8.5 boot .... 5 feet 7 and growing
Two more q's. What areas/resorts do you typically ride? How old is she?

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Two more q's. What areas/resorts do you typically ride? How old is she?

Thanks!
tahoe /truckee area resorts and she is 12
Old 10-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

At 125 pounds, she would de well on a board around 145cm. 143 seems a bit short to me.
Rome Vinyl
K2 Lunatique
Ride Compact
Atomic Fallen Angel
Gnu B-nice
Bataleon Distortia
Capita Space Metal Fantasy
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveo View Post
tahoe /truckee area resorts and she is 12
Great info. We need to leave plenty of the boards weight and shoe size range in front of her (while being sure not to get something too stiff that she will struggle to control). The Flow Venus 147 will be a great choice (she could go with the 151 depending on how much you think she will grow...your size/mom's size, etc. The 2011 venus is rockered and has a convex base for easy turn initiation and less caught edges. This is a great feel good board for young girls and it may help get her moved off of the Justin Beiber...and on to your music.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Great info. We need to leave plenty of the boards weight and shoe size range in front of her (while being sure not to get something too stiff that she will struggle to control). The Flow Venus 147 will be a great choice (she could go with the 151 depending on how much you think she will grow...your size/mom's size, etc. The 2011 venus is rockered and has a convex base for easy turn initiation and less caught edges. This is a great feel good board for young girls and it may help get her moved off of the Justin Beiber...and on to your music.
loudest concert i ever been to was justin beiber. not the music but the 20k screaming teen girls and 10 boys