Custom x vs. Rome anthem SS - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Question Custom x vs. Rome anthem SS

Hey guys i'm after a few opinions on my new board, i currently ride a 09/10 custom 156 with cartels,as well as a 155 burton fix, i'm from aus and i will admit i got sucked into burton at the board shops in BC but i have been super happy with both of them. i want something a bit stiffer/agressive this season, i recovered from injury (dislocated shoulder) and plan on riding every day this season to really progress. I think i've read all i can on the boards and want to know what everyone else thinks. cheers guys,
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Custom55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Default

I'm interest in is this topic too. The CustomX did come down in price this year ( because Burton eliminated that stainless steel edges ?). I'm looking for a board that will hold an east coast edge in a carve.

thanks
Custom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmetomsy View Post
Hey guys i'm after a few opinions on my new board, i currently ride a 09/10 custom 156 with cartels,as well as a 155 burton fix, i'm from aus and i will admit i got sucked into burton at the board shops in BC but i have been super happy with both of them. i want something a bit stiffer/agressive this season, i recovered from injury (dislocated shoulder) and plan on riding every day this season to really progress. I think i've read all i can on the boards and want to know what everyone else thinks. cheers guys,
The ROME Anthem is a Machine of a board. That thing is a weapon if you want to go fast and hold an edge.
SiKBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,362
Default

Seeing as how DeBari rode the CustomX and now rides the AnthemSS, I'm betting they'll be similar rides. Both are tanks. EST? Do you still want it? X has a form of edge tech, the SS does not. X is standard camber, SS is a form of CamRock.

The boards I usually recommend as tanks are the CustomX, NS PremierF1, Bataleon Enemy, K2 Slayblade, or a Ride Slackcountry.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Seeing as how DeBari rode the CustomX and now rides the AnthemSS, I'm betting they'll be similar rides. Both are tanks. EST? Do you still want it? X has a form of edge tech, the SS does not. X is standard camber, SS is a form of CamRock.

The boards I usually recommend as tanks are the CustomX, NS PremierF1, Bataleon Enemy, K2 Slayblade, or a Ride Slackcountry.
I've been usin est bindings and theyve worked really well for me, tho i cant compare it to the normal system. I have ridden a skate banana and wasnt real keen on the rocker, i ride bugger all park so i thought i'd stick with camber, tho the hybrid camber looks pretty rad, has anyone ridden one?
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

If you don't care about the camber, the Custom X is a killer stick. This board handles any condition at any speed. It also has a lot of pop and is one of the lighter boards around.

I love rockers and hybrids, but there is absolutely nothing that I would change on the Custom X. Actually, I'd maybe drop the price a little so it's more affordable for me
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
If you don't care about the camber, the Custom X is a killer stick. This board handles any condition at any speed. It also has a lot of pop and is one of the lighter boards around.

I love rockers and hybrids, but there is absolutely nothing that I would change on the Custom X. Actually, I'd maybe drop the price a little so it's more affordable for me
leo, i am leaning more towards the custom x purely for the camber and the fact i have est bindings already, another question i have is im 6 foot bout 160 pounds, currently ride a 156 thinking about a 158, now the x being a stiffer more agressive board would that be too long. hahaha and yeah bro i wish they were cheaper so i could get both
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Mr. Polonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, Empire State
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmetomsy View Post
leo, i am leaning more towards the custom x purely for the camber and the fact i have est bindings already, another question i have is im 6 foot bout 160 pounds, currently ride a 156 thinking about a 158, now the x being a stiffer more agressive board would that be too long. hahaha and yeah bro i wish they were cheaper so i could get both
no way....for ur weight and size, you shouldnt go any lower than a 158, especially for that board. If anything, I would suggest getting a 160.
__________________
Without me, my board is useless. Without my board, I am useless
Mr. Polonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Custom55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Default

agree... I'm 5'10 and 155lbs with size 9boot and ride a CX 160.
Custom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia View Post
no way....for ur weight and size, you shouldnt go any lower than a 158, especially for that board. If anything, I would suggest getting a 160.
Thanks bro, yeah i thought about it for a while when getting my custom and the sales dude talked me into the 156, but i think i will def get at least a 158, but i spose a 160 would perform better in pow for a camber board right?
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums