Do you think I need two boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do you think I need two boards?

So.. snowboarding took my life over by storm last season thanks to getting a job @ my local lodge.
And I invested in a new board which had some defects that Mervin Mfg. took care of and luckily replaced it for free with this seasons 147 Roxy Envi C2 BTX.

Its a directional twin with rocker in the middle, camber on the outside + magna.
I'm 5'1, 120lbs.. so the board is a little big for me but was the smallest model of its kind. Last years model rode great in pow and had super speed and control when I needed it was great for all mounain..

However as my pic shows I got into park last season and really enjoyed it... Should I invest in a park board this year and switch out boards? Or suck it up and just have fun with the board I got (cuz it is a sick board) whether it holds me back with jibbing or not? Would a cheap used board just for park be a good choice..? Kinda not looking to drop another 4-5 hundred just for a spare board. PS. what size should I go for?
Any Suggestions

http://www.facebook.com/people/Kara-Castaldo/512055156
Karaca86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would definitely try to get a smaller park specific board. If you want to ride park it will make a huge difference for you on somethin that you can huck around compared to something bigger. You should be lookin around the 137-139 range on size. Check out the k2 VaVaVoom see if you can find last years cause it would be cheaper now that the 2010-2011's are out. Even check out the twsnow good wood on womens boards under $399. It should give you an idea of what boards to go off.
NinjaSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

good call. Not much of a K2 fan but the board specs/reviews look good.

One part about the board says its a jib tip?...
"Jib Tips are built into the board by removing 2.5cm from both the tip and tail leaving an effective edge that is 5cm longer than it would be on a board of similar length without Jib Tips. For example the VVV 139 has the stability and effective edge of a 144, but with the maneuverability and size of a 139."

would this mean I should drop down a size if I ordered a board like this.. to a 135 that rides like a 139. Or stick with the 139.? That parts got me confused.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah the Jib tips allow you to step down a couple sizes. Forgot that this years has that. So basically if you like the stability feel of a longer board then go with the 139. If you wanna play around a little bit more go with the 135. Just depends on what you ride more often, but being that it sounds like you'll only ride this board in the park and use your other one for the rest of the mountain id say go with the 135
Old 10-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Interesting stuff. Still gunna check out some other goodwood boards and see whats out there for the $$$. Thanks for the help tho! K2 VVV doesnt sound like a bad choice at all.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hey bro, quick bit of advice. A lot of boarders don't take the goodwood board awards seriously as there's a suspicious correlation (not that it means causation of course :P ) between how many ads you have and if you win awards...

I do like K2 though, no problems with any of my equipment (granted, no boards) so far and that's about the best for which you can ask. Other people's experiences seem solid as well.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you ride seriously, at least two. Right now I have four boards. A freeride board, a park board, a rock board, and a powder board. May add a splitboard to those this season.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Look into the Bataleon Distortia. Such a sick park board! There are quite a few kickass girls that shred around here, rocking that board. My gf is on the Bataleon Violenza for an all-mountain sitck.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Hey bro, quick bit of advice. A lot of boarders don't take the goodwood board awards seriously as there's a suspicious correlation (not that it means causation of course :P ) between how many ads you have and if you win awards...

I do like K2 though, no problems with any of my equipment (granted, no boards) so far and that's about the best for which you can ask. Other people's experiences seem solid as well.
Yeah I know that but you have to admit most the boards they add to the good wood are usually up to par to a great shred stick standard. I just meant it to start an idea of board companies that make a solid board