Never Summer D-riders! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Never Summer D-riders!

Its insane how many of you dudes on this forum sweat Never Summer...I go on the mountain or shop and there are rarely any or much talk about them. But go on this forum and its a suckoff-athon about the Evo or Legacy etc....... Dude you all look like robots can we get some indivuality on here jesus!

I get it they are good boards. Most not be a West Coast thing... Because Mt Hood is full of Mervin,Capita,Rome etc......

Can someone tell me what is the obsession??

Maybe Ill get a Never Summer park board so I can fit in
GNU-LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNU-LOVE View Post
Its insane how many of you dudes on this forum sweat Never Summer...I go on the mountain or shop and there are rarely any or much talk about them. But go on this forum and its a suckoff-athon about the Evo or Legacy etc....... Dude you all look like robots can we get some indivuality on here jesus!

I get it they are good boards. Most not be a West Coast thing... Because Mt Hood is full of Mervin,Capita,Rome etc......

Can someone tell me what is the obsession??

Maybe Ill get a Never Summer park board so I can fit in
Interesting that a poster with the name of "GNU-LOVE" would ridicule others for backing a brand and needing to get "indivuality".

You're in Mervin's backyard. Of course you see lots of Mervin. Capita is the cheap jibstick of choice a lot of places.

NS doesn't put out near the volume of most other manufacturer's. You're never going to see them dominating a mountain. If you do see someone show up with an NS though, that fucker can probably ride.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Interesting that a poster with the name of "GNU-LOVE" would ridicule others for backing a brand and needing to get "indivuality".

You're in Mervin's backyard. Of course you see lots of Mervin. Capita is the cheap jibstick of choice a lot of places.

NS doesn't put out near the volume of most other manufacturer's. You're never going to see them dominating a mountain. If you do see someone show up with an NS though, that fucker can probably ride.
Still does not tell why its only dominating on this site...I have been a Snowboarding mag subscriber since I was a kid I still dont see much about NS.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Can you tell what is about Summers that so bad?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

NS doesn't spend a lot of money on marketing. Brands that spend money on marketing are going to appear in the mags a lot more. The magazines aren't stupid. They know where their bread is buttered - primarily Burton and Mervin because those are the companies that are always going to dump a ton of money into advertising.

As for what is so great about NS, #1 is the durability. They are friggin tanks. If you're going to pay $500+ for a board, it's nice to know you're going to get your money's worth. They have a 3 year warranty and they stand behind it. #2 is their RC camber. It's nice. The playfulness of reverse camber with the stability of positive camber. Then, if you're in CO, there's the whole supporting the local company thing. Plus, if you're local, if something happens to your board and it's either not covered by the warranty or the board is outside of the 3 year warranty, you can take it to them and they'll fix it if they can for cheap.

I have 4 boards and two of them are NS boards.

As for why NS dominates this site, for one there are a lot of CO riders on here or riders from elsewhere that ride CO a lot. The second is that most of the posters here aren't of the 16 year old variety that form their opinions from Transworld Good Wood ratings (remember that whole "where the bread is buttered" thing? ya really think advertising dollars spent doesn't have a BIG impact on those ratings?).

Last edited by linvillegorge; 10-12-2010 at 12:33 PM.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Why I support N.S.

Best warranty in the buisness, innovation like r.c. making it the funnest board i've had. Smaller shop with more of a sense that there product represent them, Tim and Tracey. Not some corporation with god knows who in thier pocket. Bombproof boards, no weight charts to me means they are damn certain they going to make a good strong product, cause after all they will warrany it for 3 years.

Smaller brand, alot less hype on who is riding there shit. They have to make a product that is good, not a product that is just marketed towards a star figure (rice, white, eero)

Crazy good customer support and good attitudes. Truly no bad reviews for there boards or company.

These are just some reasons.

I would rather support a smaller family company producing the most durable boards in the industry, rather than a big corporation who doesnt give a fuck.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

this guy is mad dumb yall
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Everytime this lonely retard posts, he just wants to start a flamewar for attention.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeri534 View Post
this guy is mad dumb yall

Your structure of a sentence makes you a oxymoron...

Cant just be a real person a communicate like the others? You got be a cock and try to stir negative energy eh?

FYI structural Engineers have a hard time getting a job if they are "MAD DUMB YALL"
Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Everytime this lonely retard posts, he just wants to start a flamewar for attention.

Wow.... You really went through the trouble to post that to try to be a forum comedian?

Just getting insight. The ones that take as negativity need to take look in a mirror.

So back to the grown ups thank you
Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Never Summer D-riders!
Quote:
You got be a cock and try to stir negative energy eh?
lol

You do truly suck at trolling man.