street, small board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default street, small board?

im new to the forum and im sure this question has been asked, so sorry if it has but, i was just looking for some advice on my board. Im 17 and I've been skateboarding and snowboarding for most of my life. I took last year off snowboarding and right now i have a 141 length board. Im 5'7 and around 140 but all i ride is street and park. I try to relate my style from skateboarding to snowboarding and i was wondering, what do you think the smallest size board is that i should ride? i can do street rails and everything so its not like i dont know what im doing, im just not sure if i should stick with the 141 or even go a little bit smaller? just to try to keep that skateboarding feel.
JordanLevesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

you could probably rock around a 145 but i would do a 147 because of your weight. Check out the rome artifact 1985 or the capita stairmaster, two cheaper boards that are durable and specifically for jibbing/urban stuff.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

ill check those out, ive always just tried to match up my board between my chin and nose but since all i really do is park, this year i want to keep a smaller board to make it easier.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLevesque View Post
ill check those out, ive always just tried to match up my board between my chin and nose but since all i really do is park, this year i want to keep a smaller board to make it easier.
A lot of people do it that way, but you should really base it on how much you weigh. Check out the suggested length for your weight on the Capita and Rome websites. Length and flex in snowboards change with the riders weight. I'm 17 too, 5'10, 175lbs and ride a 159w for all mountain and a 151/153 for park. Since the Artifact and the Stairmaster are pretty soft, depending on how much you weigh, they could fall from your collar bone to your nose.

You can go on the shorter side as you said because you are strictly doing urban shit, and want to have ILL spins and what not. Hope im being helpful
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

CAPiTA Stairmaster, Forum Contract, Salvatore Sanchez, Ride Kink, Stepchild Latchkey, Burton Ration, Burton Meateaters, Nitro Haze, Signal Park, Flow Merc...

146-149

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebanana101 View Post
A lot of people do it that way, but you should really base it on how much you weigh. Check out the suggested length for your weight on the Capita and Rome websites. Length and flex in snowboards change with the riders weight. I'm 17 too, 5'10, 175lbs and ride a 159w for all mountain and a 151/153 for park. Since the Artifact and the Stairmaster are pretty soft, depending on how much you weigh, they could fall from your collar bone to your nose.

You can go on the shorter side as you said because you are strictly doing urban shit, and want to have ILL spins and what not. Hope im being helpful
yeah ive been checking out the artifact and think im gonna go with that and have it be on the shorter side. right now im riding a 141 which wasnt too bad, but last season i did try a 151 and it was a lot of hassle to keep from hitting the nose when getting onto rails. so ill probably try getting maybe a 142 - 144
Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLevesque View Post
yeah ive been checking out the artifact and think im gonna go with that and have it be on the shorter side. right now im riding a 141 which wasnt too bad, but last season i did try a 151 and it was a lot of hassle to keep from hitting the nose when getting onto rails. so ill probably try getting maybe a 142 - 144
sounds sick dude. the artifact is really dope. i recommend the rocker!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

What's up jordan? It's mike, kyle's brother. I picked up the Rome artifact rocker in a 150 this season for my jib/rail deck and I think the artifact rocker in a 144 or 147 will suit your skate style steeze. We should def get up this season and shred. I'm always down to hit some good rails or hit up the park at the mountains. It's time to rep Renaissance on the snow!
rccmike45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think I might actually Buy your brothers forum destroyer it's a 145 so I think that might be a perfect deal for me. And I already applied to ski sundown so if I get the job I will be there everyday all week. We should definitly ride a lot this season.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice man, Kyle's stoked that you bought his Forum off him since he's such a broke ass. I'm down to go to Sundown, but me and you should definitely hit up some street rails this winter. No one else I snowboard with rides real hand rails and it's such a bitch to set the drop ins/runways up by myself. I gotta season pass to Butternut too which usually has a pretty dope park, and its only $25 on weekdays. Either way, I'm psyched to have someone to board with this season.
rccmike45 is offline   Reply With Quote