Demoing NS Heritage, Raptor and F-1 need to have boots and bindings ideas - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Demoing NS Heritage, Raptor and F-1 need to have boots and bindings ideas

Fellows Shredders,

This is the year I'm upgrading all my gear. Thanks to eBay I sold off my old Ride timeless and my Burton omen along with my boots and bindings.

As soon as we get our first major dump I'm demoing NS Heritage, Raptor and F-1 for the crown. Rode last years F-1 and was all set to pull the trigger but it was end of season so I waited. I looking forward to comparing the 3 different boards with the same bindings and boots to make it fair.

Riding style is always looking for steep steeper and steepest. Like hitting small to mid kickers Like to occasionally try butters but it's not critical. I'm 210 and over 6 feet.

Boots....As far as boots go I prefer a mid to softer boot that's super comfy. I like the Burton boots and don't get into the Burton hate thing....It's kind of played out but I'm opened minded in general. Price isn't a concern. The boots that I'm interested is the Thirty two's, Burton's and Nike's. Demoed Vans too heavy and bulky. Not a big fan of the boa system not sure if the ones I tried were just beat up from being demos or what. Price is not a issue for I'll keep my gear for the next 3+ years.

Bindings...As far as bindings go I'm not really sure what to here for my wife surprised me this past Saturday for my b-day with some 2010 Burton C60. She got them for $249.00 and doesn't mind if I return them or keep them. My knowledge of bindings is definitely my weak spot. I liked the Cartels the best from my demoing last year but was more focused on the board. From what I read on the C60's they are stiff and have seen a lot of "I know a guy who broke is in the first day or on the chairlift". Truthfully they look sweet and have a lot of adjustments and the straps operate sweet. For as light weight as they are I think it would be pretty tough to break them. The others before my wife surprised me with B C60's that I was considering were/are the Forum Shakas and the Union Forces.

Any solid input for my Never Summer setup would be appreciated.

Thanks Peeps and let it snow!

Ca-Pow

Last edited by Ca-Pow; 10-13-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Ca-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

One Bump for my homies!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For your type of riding, I think the C60s would be just fine. The other bindings I'd definitely consider if you do want to look elsewhere are the Flux SF45 and Rome Targa.

As for boots, I'm no help there. Salomon F22s are the only boots I've ever tried that fit me properly.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bindings: Rome Targas (I'm biased for this because I own one), Ride Double Agent, Burton Cartel, Union Force, Union Contact Pro

Boots: I also like Burton boots, I think they have the best lacing system. Currently using Burton ozone. But if you like stiffer boots try the Ion, DriverX, SLX, or Ruler. I tried the ion and ruler at the store and they are comfy, no heel lift, and pretty supportive.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Take a look at thirty two boots. Sooo comfy and light weight. Love em!
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
For your type of riding, I think the C60s would be just fine. The other bindings I'd definitely consider if you do want to look elsewhere are the Flux SF45 and Rome Targa.

As for boots, I'm no help there. Salomon F22s are the only boots I've ever tried that fit me properly.

Thanks for thoughts, have you had chance to try the C60 or have a buddy that have ridden them? I just wonder if they are too stiff for playing around on them. As far as boots go I have never have heard much about the Salomon's but I'll see if I can try some on. How is the flex and the tighten system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip11 View Post
Bindings: Rome Targas (I'm biased for this because I own one), Ride Double Agent, Burton Cartel, Union Force, Union Contact Pro

Boots: I also like Burton boots, I think they have the best lacing system. Currently using Burton ozone. But if you like stiffer boots try the Ion, DriverX, SLX, or Ruler. I tried the ion and ruler at the store and they are comfy, no heel lift, and pretty supportive.
I'm thinking the Ruler is about the stiffest boot I'd like to go with. Good to hear no heel lift that is key. Are the Ozone keeping your feet warm? Any pressure points?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
Take a look at thirty two boots. Sooo comfy and light weight. Love em!
Demoed some last season and for beat up demos they were solid for the day...again I was more focused on demoing boards.....Which ones are you suggested from Thirty two they have tons of models? Looking for a little stiffer than the middle on the flex meter. Like a 6 out of a 1- 10 range 10 being super stiff.

Also how is the boa on those?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeap the ozones are warm and no pressure points, atleast for my feet hehe.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote