New board - need opinions! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New board - need opinions!

Hey guys, I've narrowed my search down to 4 boards and I need some opinions. I ride all mountain, but I'd love to get into small jumps and maybe some park. I've been looking to upgrade my gear, and I just want something that would fit me well, help me progress, and last for a few years. Here goes.

2010 Ride DH2 156W - I have size 11 boots so I figured the waist width should be just about right, but I might be close to the top of the weight scale. Also, good price on it.

2010/2011 GNU Carbon Credit 156-159 - Seems like a good board, can find one in my size range, and supposed to be good for all mountain freestyle. Also, price point is right around what I'm looking for.

2011 K2 Turbo Dream 159 - From what I've read this would be a great board for me, but the price is just a little too high for me and I can't find last year's model.

2010 Never Summer Evo-R 158 - Simply from this forum, heard a lot of good things about NS and this board. Can find the 2010 for a good price, can be used for all mountain freestyle, and obviously rock solid.

What do you guys think? The problems I'm having with buying a board is that my local shop only sells Burton, and if I buy online it would have to be from Canada. Shipping from the US is insane. Of course I could run over to Detroit if I need to. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by 13below; 10-15-2010 at 11:31 AM.
13below is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Evo
DH2
TDream
CarbonCredit

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Evo
DH2
TDream
CarbonCredit
I'm guessing this list is best to worst? I was heading the route of the DH2 but the Evo has started to catch my interest. And they're both in my price range. Would I be better to go with a shorter Evo if I decide to get it or should the size stay at 158? Thanks!!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Na, no one really gives "best to worst" lists here, just some options to look at. Every board has it's strengths, (and weaknesses)

The Evo is great though, sweet park board you can take anywhere on the mountain, (You may want something a bit stiffer tho if your not obsessed with park.)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was just wondering since the options are the same ones I put up, haha. Really, it's between the DH2 and Evo. I know the Evo is geared more towards park but I've read it can be suited for all mountain freestyle. Kinda the same with the DH2.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Evo for sure will handle everything on the mountain, and actually pretty well. I was at Mt. Hood this Summer hauling ass past everybody on somewhat icy groomers on my Evo, which I was pretty flipping amazed at, (I'm 145lbs and it's a 151 too!). Handles powder great because of the rocker. Because it lacks stiffness however, (it has a nice flex for park) it doesn't do well in chop. So if you plan on riding chunked up grooomers/powder a lot you will want something stiffer. Otherwise it pretty much does everything, and the RC tech makes it super fun and playful to screw around on.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 10-15-2010 at 12:14 PM.
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Pretty sure Nivek was giving his choice in order from 1st choice to last choice. Not necessarily the last one being the worst, but his last choice.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Killclimbs is right, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that all the boards Nivek suggested were the ones you posted
Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Because it lacks stiffness however, (it has a nice flex for park) it doesn't do well in chop. So if you plan on riding chunked up grooomers/powder a lot you will want something stiffer. Otherwise it pretty much does everything, and the RC tech makes it super fun and playful to screw around on.
Unfortunately a lot of what Ontario offers is chunked up groomers and light powder, and I want something I can have fun and play around on. Stupid Ontario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Pretty sure Nivek was giving his choice in order from 1st choice to last choice. Not necessarily the last one being the worst, but his last choice.
I figured that's how he put them

Last edited by 13below; 10-15-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well if you still want the park-ish playfullness, just go a board up and grab an NS SL. It's stiffer but should still be pretty playful. The problem with any park board really is just that none of them are made to handle shit-snow.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 10-15-2010 at 12:34 PM.
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote