salomon or rome agent - which one? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default salomon or rome agent - which one?

hey guys..i cant decide on which board to buy

ive had a couple stints in japan, nz, and the hardpack we get in aus. Im looking at rocking a new board for my trip to japan in Jan 2011 and winter season in canada nxt yr and cant decide between these following boards...

Any feedback id be stoked, or anyone whos ridden a salomon official or rome agent....
Cheers...

http://www.snowbiz.com.au/mens-rome-...gent-2011.html
Rome Agent Rocker - 2011 | Mens Rome Snowboards | Mens Snowboards | Snowboards | Snowboarding | Snowbiz

Salomon Official | Mens Salomon Snowboards | Mens Snowboards | Snowboards | Snowboarding | Snowbiz

Last edited by whiplash; 10-15-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typo
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did you end up choosing one of these? I'm thinking between these as well. Based on pure readings, the Official maybe more able in powder (and little lighter)...?
Roskopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yea i did, I ended up getting the rome agent 2010 cambered board. Its an awesome looking board im looking forward to thrashing it in japan in january. The salomon official looked really cool too and had a lot of great reviews but i went with the rome as it was a little wider (i have size 10 boots) and it has an extremely poppy core. The weight of both boards was fairly similar maybe the official being a touch lighter. All the research and reviews on both boards indicate they are quality snowboards and the rome agent 'v' rocker also awesome for powder runs. I chose the cambered bcos i surf and like feeling the egde a little more when turning and carving. Both good all-round boards for mountain runs and also park, i found it really difficult choosing but am happy with the rome.

Hope this helps...
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ok thanks.. The bargain Salomon I was looking at was actually already sold, so now trying to decide between K2 Believer 151 and Rome Agent 152. Looking at last years models. Similar kind of situation, somewhat difficult to decide.. both seem good.

The Believer is zero camber (I got the impression it's slightly more forgiving) and slightly lighter (thinking about powder ability). Rome Agent is more poppy, has stronger edges for taking impact from rails which are also beveled for reducing catchiness (so not sure if real difference between that and zero camber) and also has ligthened core weight.

Seems like a coin toss to me. The length is one final difference/factor, although I'm not sure if 1cm will make any difference in how it transfers into ridability? Looking to spin the board but also hit powder (I'm 148-150lbs and 5'6", shoe 8-9 depending on boot). Any additional comments/advice on the differences or the Agent?
Roskopp is offline   Reply With Quote