The great rocker debate - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post The great rocker debate

holla, I'm purchasing a new board for the season, going to be in BC and everyone is saying pow and lots of it, I have a two boards, custom (camber) and burton fix (flat camber rocker tips) I love the way camber rides, great edge hold at speed and sweet sweet pop. I am trying to keep an open mind to the new Hybrid camber set ups, the boards i have in mind are; Burton Custom X, LIB Dark Series C2BTX, Ride Slackcountry UL, and Rome Anthem SS. I know the hybrid camber is sick in pow, but honestly how does it go on groomers at hiiiiiiiigh speed?
Thanks guys.
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I haven't had any stability issues on my SL with Rocker/Camber. Rocker/Camber is really the best of both worlds and you won't ever want to go back.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
I haven't had any stability issues on my SL with Rocker/Camber. Rocker/Camber is really the best of both worlds and you won't ever want to go back.
I'm just a bit worried about committing the cash, but everyone is raving about them tho, the Slack country is slightly different to a haybrid rocker i see, would it perform good on groomers or would it be a hesitant ride back to the lift.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I actually picked up a 2010 slackcountry over the summer and it has a powder specific rocker. It's basically flat in the middle with rocker in the tip in tail, more so in the tip. According to the reviews I read, it performs very well on groomers, but I can't vouch for it because I am yet to ride it. My main board is a never summer sl, which has rocker between the bindings and camber outside the bindings to the contact points.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I actually picked up a 2010 slackcountry over the summer and it has a powder specific rocker. It's basically flat in the middle with rocker in the tip in tail, more so in the tip. According to the reviews I read, it performs very well on groomers, but I can't vouch for it because I am yet to ride it. My main board is a never summer sl, which has rocker between the bindings and camber outside the bindings to the contact points.
Yeah the rocker does sound pretty sick form the reviews i have read, what size did you get? i am 160 at 6'1 and thinking about the 161, also what bindings have you paired it up with? cheers.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I weight 185 and my SL is a 158 and the Slackcounry is a 164. You can definitely go down in size a little if you want with a rockered board but a 161 would be good. Which boards are you looking at right now?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I weight 185 and my SL is a 158 and the Slackcounry is a 164. You can definitely go down in size a little if you want with a rockered board but a 161 would be good. Which boards are you looking at right now?
I'm trying to get away from burton, so the lib dark series, slack country, and the rome anthem ss, probably more to the SC, but my concern is what if this winter sucks balls and theres only a few powder days haha.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've got the Slackcountry as well. Amazing float in deep pow and very fun in moderate powder. It does do well on groomers, but I wouldn't trust bombing down a groomed run, you'll loose the tail pretty quickly.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah I don't think I would want to ride the slackcountry on non powder days. What kind of riding do you do?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I don't think I would want to ride the slackcountry on non powder days. What kind of riding do you do?
If its puked down i'm out of bounds all morning, if not then i'll just be hitting hips on groomed runs and looking for stashes, there are alot of cliff drops and perfect hip kickers at our resort, how do you reckon the SC would perform?