which board to get? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default which board to get?

hey everybody, I'm new here, this is actually my first post. To be honest I came across this forum while I was searching for reviews on snowboards. I was hoping to get some advice from you guys about what board to get. This is my second year boarding, by the end of last year I was really getting interested with the park so I would like my board to reflect that. I'm 5'5 115 lbs. I already own a ltd board 148cm, which of course is nothing special but it did the job for my first year and will be my backup/all mountain board. I also have some Salomon bindings on it. Since I already have an all mountain board it makes sense to me to get a freestyle board, or at least a board more geared for the park than all mountain. I'm looking to spend around 300 on the deck give or take a little. So far 2 boards I'm really interested in are the new Burton twc standard, seen here Burton TWC Standard Snowboard - Mid-Wide from Dogfunk.com and the ride agenda 2011 seen here http://www.proboardshop.com/9847rdag...nowboards.html Both are 300, and have rockers which sounds interesting to me. Any insights on these boards or suggestions for another one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by fcpchop; 10-17-2010 at 04:00 PM.
fcpchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Also debating maybe getting a Burton restricted Hate board seen here Save on Burton Restricted Hate Snowboard 148 - Mens Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment it's a little more than I wanted to spend at 350, and is a little bigger than I should probably get for a freestyle type board at 148. Any advice guys? I could really use some, I've never purchased a mid to higher end board before, thanks.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Throwing a Burton Blunt 2011 into the mix, its about 370 which is more than I wanted but seems to be a better board. I'm having a hard time making a choice here as I don't have much experience with either Burton or ride boards. If anyone has used these boards I would really appreciate your insight here, thanks.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

over 150 views and no advice? how about what size should I go with? in most cases it seems to be either 142 or 147, I'm 5'5 115lbs would like to use it for both jibbing and jumps, as well as a bit around the mountain but more in the park.

Last edited by fcpchop; 10-19-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpchop View Post
over 150 views and no advice? how about what size should I go with? in most cases it seems to be either 142 or 147, I'm 5'5 115lbs would like to use it for both jibbing and jumps, as well as a bit around the mountain but more in the park.
Please let us know your foot size. Are you still growing (age)?

We will all get you some suggestions with that info.

Thanks.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

My foot size is around a 7.5, I'm going to a shop tomorrow to try out some boots so I'll have a definite answer on that tomorrow, I'm 22 so unfortunately for me, no I will not be growing any more I should also add that I live in the northeast and will mainly be boarding in VT CT and MASS. I'm currently leaning towards getting a Burton blunt, with a flex of 3 I'm a bit worried it won't hold up to higher speeds or bigger jumps, let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Have you tried searching around on ebay or Geartrade.com? Man you can find a much nicer board for $300 than what you are looking at. I just picked another ride antic for $125 off Geartrade.com, can't beat that and it's excellent condition. Anyway I'm partial to Rides so I say check into the Ride Agenda you mentioned in your first post. Have looked at the Ride Kink? It is supposed to be a good low cost freestyle board.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpchop View Post
My foot size is around a 7.5, I'm going to a shop tomorrow to try out some boots so I'll have a definite answer on that tomorrow, I'm 22 so unfortunately for me, no I will not be growing any more I should also add that I live in the northeast and will mainly be boarding in VT CT and MASS. I'm currently leaning towards getting a Burton blunt, with a flex of 3 I'm a bit worried it won't hold up to higher speeds or bigger jumps, let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.
Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I did a quick measurement and got about 24.5 cm
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm thinking I would be better off with the 142 what do you guys think? I'm currently leaning towards getting the Ride Agenda over the burton blunt because it will hold up better around the mountain, my only concern right now is I've read some reviews where people say its a bit heavy for park, then again i read reviews that say its a light board so its tough, does anyone have personal experience with one? Thanks again for any advice, I appreciate it.