Toe drag, Binding stance/angle......ahhhhh!?!?!? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Toe drag, Binding stance/angle......ahhhhh!?!?!?

Aight so I just got a 157 with a waist width of 25.3 and nose/tail width of 29.3 and I wear a size 11 DC Park Boot. Do you guys think I'm have any issues with Toe Drag?

Also, What angle would you guys recommend I set my bindings to for some all-mountain riding???
girlsare2fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsare2fun View Post
Aight so I just got a 157 with a waist width of 25.3 and nose/tail width of 29.3 and I wear a size 11 DC Park Boot. Do you guys think I'm have any issues with Toe Drag?

Also, What angle would you guys recommend I set my bindings to for some all-mountain riding???
You might have some toe drag. If you do, you could probably solve it with a low profile boot. I'd play around with the stance to find what you're most comfortable with. If you're going into the park, maybe start with +12/-12. Take a tool with you and adjust them between runs to find what's most comfortable.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for advice, will do.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

you should be fine. my new stick is a 26.1 and I wear a bulky size 13 boot. one thing I did that was extremely helpful is put your boots in the bindings and put it on the ground, then pick up each side to simulate heelside and toeside turns and see how far you can go without heel/toe drag. I was getting wayyy more toe drag and no heel drag so I took a while to fine tune my bindings and their placement. I ended up changing my stance from 12 -12 to 15 -15, moving the screws on my base plate to move my bindings back some, and making a few adjustments to my bindings and now I get very little to no heel or toe drag...even with my huge ass boots

...and some low profile boots would def help too but it might not be necessary

swilber08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for the detailed feedback. It was actually very helpful. I do have one question though, what do you mean by low-profile boots? Could you give me an example..
Old 10-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

the exterior of the boot is smaller than a normal boot. they use thinner insulation to decrease the size. so if you wear a size 11 boot, it'll be like wearing a size 10. the salomon f20 would be a good boot to check out. burton also makes some low profile boots, but i don't know which ones off the top of my head. you'll want to try on as many as you can to find the best fit. to save money, you can do what i did. i stopped by rei, tried on a bunch of boots, then ordered the one that fit the best online. got a pair of salomon f22s for $165 i also have big feet.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote