Heritage or Raptor, a choice with no wrong answer but maybe a right one? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heritage or Raptor, a choice with no wrong answer but maybe a right one?

Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research online and am having a really hard time deciding on a new board. Most of the time I find myself being directed here, the posters on this forum really know what they are talking about, so I thought I would try my luck at posting a question. I would call myself an intermediate to advanced rider (I hope?). I can handle most any run on the BC/Alberta resorts I've been to (except maybe a few chutes at Kicking Horse... because damn!). I usually get out 10-15 days a year but this year I am moving to Golden and plan to get in 40 plus.

So I'm not interested in the park. I'm mostly looking for Powder, some steeps and I love it in the trees. I would also like to get into the slack country around Kicking Horse this year and am super excited for the Super Bowl.

I'm 5'10", 190 lbs, size 10 boots. I've been riding on a 06 160 Salomon Link for the last few years. I love everything I have heard about Never Summer and am basically tossing and turning over the 11 Heritage or the Raptor. My local shop also had some 2010 Titans in at a good price but I really want to try this Rocker/Camber.

So basically with no intention of heading to the Park and having visions of being a true big mountain rider I am looking at the Raptor. But I don't know if I'm really ready for it. I can handle the steeps but I'm not exactly charging them. At the same time I don't want to sacrifice some float or stability for a board (heritage) if I'm not going to take advantage of its benefits in the park or riding switch.

Any thoughts? Appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks!
Get Bucked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're moving to Golden CO? Or a Golden in Canada? Assuming Canada?

Let's start by figuring out where you will be riding mostly as that'll make a difference on picking between the two
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Assuming Canada, and hitting big lines and actually having REAL POW, I'd go with the Raptor.

I live in CO and we don't get a lot of big big dumps so I got the Heritage.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

How much were the 2010 Titans?

ive been looking to get one do you mind PM'ing me the stores names
Soawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think you pretty much answered your own question here and the Raptor is the board for you. I chose to get the Heritage over the raptor because I was undecided over exactly what I would be hitting this season and like Milo I get don't get huge dumps in the Northeast but the Raptor is the ultimate freeride machine and that sounds like what your looking for.

In my opinion go for the 159 Raptor and post some pics if you get it.
ecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

You guys are amazing. Thanks for the quick reply.

Making me feel more comfortable leaning towards the raptor. I know it sounds straight forward with my description I guess I was just worried i was either under selling the Heritage's big mountain capabilities, or over selling my abilities to handle a board like the Raptor.

And yes, Golden British Columbia Canada Kicking Horse Resort in Golden British Columbia . Sorry for the confusion to my southern neighbours. Some pretty serious chutes and 4 bowls (only one with any grooming). Its been my favourite place to ride since I first went in 04. Also hoping to make some side trips to Revelstoke (revelstokemountainresort.com, Sunshine and Lake Lousie (Banff).
Get Bucked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Grats in advance, you're going to love it.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

RAPTOR... rawr

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote