New Park Board - Opinions Needed - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Cool New Park Board - Opinions Needed

I've snowboarded for the past 12 years, but have recently graduated from university, which I didn't buy a new board during for obvious reasons, but I want one now. Through a lot of research I have narrowed my selection down to 5 boards which would suit my style. I like jibbing but am more oriented towards park jumps or backcountry hits and being able to ride groomed hills is also essential. I would like a park board which could do all these things but be more catered towards the jumps than everything else. A major decision I'm going to have to make which didn't previously exist was deciding on the camber, it's hard to know what I will prefer only riding regular camber before. Regardless, here are my choices i've narrowed down:

2011 Capita Stairmaster Extreme
Graphic: Party Panda
Length: 156
Shape: Twin
Flex: 6
Camber: Regular
Good Wood Winner: Yes
Personal Opinion: Board is perfect for big jumps and anything else in the park. Hate the graphic.

2011 Nitro T1 or possibly the Rook
Graphic: Black, blue, and purple random design
Flex – mid: probably 5 or 6
Camber: Zero
Good Wood Winner: 4 years in a row
Personal Opinion: Sick all around park board

2011 Forum Destroyer Chillydog
Graphic: Skull
Flex: 5
Camber: Continuous Rocker
Good Wood Winner: 2 years in a row
Personal Opinion: Seems to be a board that would perform well in the park, rocker shape would probably be fun

2011 K2 Parkstar
Graphic: Yellow, black, and red random design
Length: 155
Camber: Zero Mid, Rocker Tails
Personal Opinion: I'm not stoked on K2 but this board seems to be killer, can't find anything wrong with it, the shape is very cool

2011 Ride Machete
Graphic: White, black, red, and blue random design
Length: 155
Flex: 6
Camber: LowRize Rocker
Personal Opinion: Seems like a good park board

Please only comment if you have a serious opinion on the boards which I have posted, don't just name your favourite brand or graphic out of them (unless you hate the party panda, what was capita thinking?).

Last edited by Death; 10-22-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nitro T1 or Parkstar. I rode the parkstar last season and I was hittin 60+ park jumps at PC. It will hold up to the speed and landing. From what I read about it this year its really no different of a board. Nitro because its a consistant great board every year. I had one for 08-09 and loved it but it was when it was still a positive cambered board. I dont know how the zero camber feels. Imagine its good though. Ive witnessed a few capitas snapping and my bro that I ride everyday with snapped his Machete last year on a gondola tap.
NinjaSteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No T1, stiffer than it should for the pop you get out of it. Replace that with Rook.

I think the DH2 will be a better option that the Machete for you. The Machete makes a better all mt board for most than a park board.

Darkstar over Parkstar. Better stability on jumps and more power outside the park than the Parkstar.

My top picks from your list though are the Stair Extreme and Destroyer Chilidog. In that order.

Top from my adjusted list, Darkstar, Rook. In that order

I like the party panda... But if you really don't like that, try the Indoor Camber.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 10-21-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
No T1, stiffer than it should for the pop you get out of it. Replace that with Rook.
I will agree with you here, I never really looked into the rook, it seems to be a really good board based on reviews and it also was 2010 good wood winner. It rides zero camber as well, not too sure how much different it is from the T1 though, they both seem like amazing park boards. I do like this graphic a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I think the DH2 will be a better option that the Machete for you. The Machete makes a better all mt board for most than a park board.
The DH2 seems to be a bit stiff, i'm sure it's probably sick for kickers but it seems that it would be limited to that only. I'm more looking for a 5-6 flex than a 7+.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I hear ya on the DH2. It seems stiffer. I haven't ridden the newest one with prorize, but as of '10 it actually rode softer in the tips than a Machete. Stiffer in between the bindings though.

Try angrysnowboarder.com for the boards you're looking at. He rides almost as many board as I get days in a season. He has a type of board he likes, but his reviews are well done and for the most part unbiased.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude, checkout the Bataleon Evil Twin for a true twin or the Bataleon Goliath for a directional twin. The NS Evo is also worth checking out. I've owned all 3 and they do exactly what you want...all of it.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

It seems that this entire forum is stoked on NeverSummer boards.. just by looking at a thread called your setup this year or something I think 1/3 of the kids are riding one, are they cheap or something? I've never heard anything good about these boards, maybe the company has progressed in recent years? Anyways, the EVO board does look decent, but again it's going to be too flexy, built more for jibs.

I'd prefer to get opinions on the boards I have posted rather than adding your favourite, there are tons out there and I have looked at almost all the 2011 lineup.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
It seems that this entire forum is stoked on NeverSummer boards ... are they cheap or something? I've never heard anything good about these boards, maybe the company has progressed in recent years? Anyways, the EVO board does look decent, but again it's going to be too flexy, built more for jibs.
NS is a smallish company out of CO, they've been around for 20+ years and mostly got out via word of mouth, not surprising that you haven't really heard of them although they've been pushing the tech pretty hard. They're not cheap, but they're not outrageously expensive. Part of the price I guess is what you pay for handmade in the USA.

The Machete might work for you I hear they've stiffened it up a little bit this season, I like it as an all-around deck, park isn't my forte but that's really all we get here in Michigan so I needed a deck that will be comfortable cruising groomers and taking laps in the park. the Machete delivers on that.

It's got the flat-rocker, so zero-camber between the bindings and slight rocker at tip/tail. Edges have I think a 1 degree bevel to keep you from snagging on rails/boxes. It's stable at speed, doesn't wash out on sketchy landings, mid-flex. All around a pretty good board.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2