2011 Neversummer SL or Bataleon Evil Twin? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Neversummer SL or Bataleon Evil Twin?

Hey guys,
I'm getting ready to pick up a new board this season, and narrowed it down to the 2011 Neversummer SL and Batelon Evil Twin. I'll be riding all mountain 90% of the time, but I want a board that's able to handle butters and other ground tricks with ease while being able to take down the mountain without a hiccup. The rest of the 10% will be me trying out the park this season, so if anybody here on the forum has demoed both or any of the boards please give me your input so I can make my decision.

PS. I've tried to read up on all the the reviews on two boards here, and it sounds like the Neversummer SL has been improved nicely for this system, but haven't heard too much about the new Evil Twin. This is also my first post so it's nice to meet you guys and please be kind =]
gtspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

im a fan of the never summer i rode the sl last yr and i had alot of fun on it and it was easy to ride
scotty860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty860 View Post
im a fan of the never summer i rode the sl last yr and i had alot of fun on it and it was easy to ride
Despite the fact both are all mountain boards these two boards are about as different as they come:

one is positive camber with TBT while other uses Rockered Camber and Variogrip sidecuts
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ya, the TBT really should be demoed before bought imo. I think it's a touchy tech that's not meant for everyone.

However the R/C tech in the NS sticks isn't a touchy tech, and works for pretty much anyone.

I'm a NS fan and I've owned both. I sold my Bataleon and own a 2011 NS Heritage
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah...that's why deciding between these 2 is so hard. The only thing I'm concerned about the new SL is that while reviewers are saying it's got more flex and has more pop than last season's board, some people (snowboard community forums - 2011 Never Summer Reviews (inlcuding Raptor)) are noticing that the board is a little hookier on turns due to an updated R.C. profile.

The Bataleon, on the other hand seems to be a consistent performer when it comes to carving and that TBT they've got seems to make for a great edge to edge ride that's hard to catch an edge with.

Have any of you guys ridden the Bataleon Evil Twin?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

That's a good point on the demoing aspect Milo, what did you notice about the TBT that makes it harder to adapt to than the RC tech?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I absolutely hated the edge hold on my 2010 Bataleon Jam

I would just be carving along on a groomer or something, and I would just loose my edge and have to put my hand down. Just straight up carving... It was ridiculous and not for me.

There's a lot of people who love TBT but I just think people should demo it before gambling with it. The shape is very unique and if it works for you it's probably the best thing on the market because of how unique it is. But it's not for everyone...

I rode the 2011 Heritage last season and fell in love.... There was no edge hook like you get with mtx. The vario grip isn't that crazy, I don't know why people say it hooks sometimes... It's a regular edge with a different angle on it in spots but the actual edge is shaped exactly like a regular boards edging. It basically just doesn't fold up under extreme pressures during carves because of the edge angle is the way I see it.

So really it's more of a true edge hold vs mtx or even other boards without vario grip
Old 10-22-2010, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Totally disagree that TBT is "touchy." Not every tech is for everyone, and this is no exception. I've owned nearly every board in Bataleon's lineup in the last 3yrs, and have turned so many people onto them both online and local friends. Of course everything has its pluses and minuses but seriously, other than Milo, nobody else seems to have had such serious issues with it. Without questioning Milo's skill or style, he probably just didn't take the time to get accustomed to it--for some people it's a day, for others maybe it's 10 days. Who knows. With TBT specifically, edge hold has never been an issue for myself or anyone else I've talked to, except possibly on those icey days. Pretty much any board except ones with Magnetraction suffer too. NS Variogrip is no exception, which is helpful, but not nearly as good as MTX on ice.

Anyways, Bataleon just redesigned the Evil Twin, and I bought one, but it's of course still have awhile to wait before I can really go try it out. Don't know if anyone else has actually tried the newly redesigned ET either. I owned last year's NS SL-R and that board did kickass. I'd put it somewhere between the Goliath/Jam in similarity. Last year my Jam 157 & SL-R 158 were the boards I rode the most early/mid season.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 10-22-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why do you have to keep pulling the card where I'm the only person who's had TBT issues? Don't insult me...

And you can't sit here and say TBT isn't a touchy and unique design.... There's nothing quite like it in the industry which in itself makes it very unique and obviously not for everyone or else more companies would be using it.

I can't think of the 1 company I know of that has dedicated their line towards a similar shape to the TBT and they're borderline going out of business..

Now I'm not saying TBT is trash as it works for a lot of people, but it is a very unique tech that doesn't work for everyone and therefore should be demoed before going balls deep.

Again on the flip side the NS tech is not nearly as risky of a tech, for someone who can't demo. The NS is the safer bet and I don't think that's really debatable...

But if someone can demo TBT, go for it! It may just be perfect for X person
Old 10-22-2010, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have no reason to take the time and adjust to a weird edge hold when I can hop on something that works amazingly with a reliable edge hold right out of the wrapper...

I put about 5 days on the jam and gave up on it.

If I would've ridden around light footed and didn't put any pressure on the edges it probably would've been just fine, but I have a much more powerful style of riding then that