NS SL or Jones Flagship or . . . - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS SL or Jones Flagship or . . .

I have about $550 to spend on a snowboard. Im torn between either the JONES Flagship board or the NS premier F1, or for $400 I can get a Herr Vaughnster board with a graphite base and can be made stiffer if that's what I decide. Currently riding a standard HV Snowboard. I do not do park what so ever, I like to go fast and carve hard, as well as tree runs. Hopefully going to be venturing into a little bit of back country and would like to start getting more and more into it. I will be mounting up some flux feedback bindings to the board. If anyone has any insight on any of these items it would be a great help, as nobody around me (socal) carries any of these brands to check out in person. Thank You.

Last edited by goleee33; 10-24-2010 at 11:44 AM.
goleee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're looking at the wrong NS then. Heritage or Raptor.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You better RIP if you get a Flagship. It's one of the stiffest boards out there, much like the old Capita Black Death Speed Tribe from a few years back before they softened it up. That thing is not meant for lightweights or pussyfooting around. SL isn't even in the same category at all, more like the NS Premier for a better comparison.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Alright, I had no idea the flagship is so stiff. I mean Im not necessarily a lightweight and can hold my own on the mountain. I actually meant the F1 i don't know why i put the SL i guess because all i read was SL this SL that. Shot myself in the foot with that one. I want something that will hold a strong edge while charging down the mountain. Thats why I considered the JONES with magnitraction. How does the Mountain twin compare as far as stiffness of boards? There isn't much detail on them that I have seen. Sucks having no decent shops around here. I may have to see if I can get a shop in mammoth to do a demo.
goleee33 is offline   Reply With Quote