Thoughts on Charlie Slasher - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thoughts on Charlie Slasher

Hey everyone, I'm considering the Capita Charlie slasher 2011 for a pow board, anyone have one? I've heard they're pretty good for $400. I know this years has a sintered base so they'll be a little different. I'm 155 at 6'1 thinking a 158?

cheers bros
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a hell of a value for the price. I've been considering it too since they upgraded it to a faster sintered base for this season, while maintaining the same price. Graphics are a little crazy for me, but not that big a deal. Mainly I'm just not sold on Capita's durability, especially since my buddy dealt with 2 broken Charlie Slashers last season with only a handful of pow days on them.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
It's a hell of a value for the price. I've been considering it too since they upgraded it to a faster sintered base for this season, while maintaining the same price. Graphics are a little crazy for me, but not that big a deal. Mainly I'm just not sold on Capita's durability, especially since my buddy dealt with 2 broken Charlie Slashers last season with only a handful of pow days on them.
Thats also what is holding me back, but i would think they would be pretty durable if they were handing out a 2 year warranty tho.. In what way did they break?
justmetomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Added one to the quiver today. I'll unload my Arbor Element to make room for it. Brand new 164 for $290 after tax.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Pics:

linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a the Party Shark 158 (Charlie with limited graphics). I rode it at Jackson Hole a few days this season and it was awesome. Handled surprisingly well in packed pow and on groomers also. Go for it.
Crutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

hahah i love the graphics on the party shark!!
kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmetomsy View Post
Hey everyone, I'm considering the Capita Charlie slasher 2011 for a pow board, anyone have one? I've heard they're pretty good for $400. I know this years has a sintered base so they'll be a little different. I'm 155 at 6'1 thinking a 158?

cheers bros
do itttt. Powder is so much more enjoyable for me on a powder 'specific' board. I bought a 09-10 charlier slasher 58 last summer and reallly like it. Haven't ridden a 2011 with the carbon and sintered base but the extruded base on mine hasn't bothered me at all speed and durability wise. Only thing I regret is not buying the 164! Does alright in chop and is pretty fun on groomers as well. The elan factory in austria builds capita boards, as well as many other well respected brands(rome, arbor, nitro, higher end technines, etc). I've owned five capita boards over the years, they have all held together well.

charlie slasher in action

feb 8th on Vimeo

Last edited by idshred; 03-10-2011 at 04:41 PM.
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by idshred View Post
do itttt. Powder is so much more enjoyable for me on a powder 'specific' board. I bought a 09-10 charlier slasher 58 last summer and reallly like it. Haven't ridden a 2011 with the carbon and sintered base but the extruded base on mine hasn't bothered me at all speed and durability wise. Only thing I regret is not buying the 164! Does alright in chop and is pretty fun on groomers as well. The elan factory in austria builds capita boards, as well as many other well respected brands(rome, arbor, nitro, higher end technines, etc). I've owned five capita boards over the years, they have all held together well.

charlie slasher in action

feb 8th on Vimeo
nice riding

My wife and kids gave me a 164 for my birthday...180# and 5'6", only been on it about 4 days in 10-20+"...both in wet and dry Baker pow, works quite well doing the same stuff as Idshred. It seems to ride smaller, fairly nimble, floates well, points and tracks nicely, loves to do drop, rides groomers and packed like a champ and no problems riding switch... due to the cambered tail. In 10"+ poo, I prefer it to my 159 skate banana and 162 option northshore (cambered pintail). In pnw wet mash potato chopped chow, it tends to get bounced around...and I'll change out to my option stiffy cambered freeride to blast through besides I don't need the float that the charlie has.