Hybrid All-Mtn: K2 Turbo Dream vs Never Summer SL - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was on this years turbo dream at a demo at snowmass last year. I liked the ride it was very stable and fast but not nearly as quick edge to edge as the SL. Part of that may have had something to do with the bidings I was riding (k2 auto) which were ok but just not my cup of tea.

The SL also rode much shorter than the Turbo Dream, which I prefer. felt like I had about 4 feet of nose, which was awesome for the powder, But I definitely missed the edge to edge ease of the SL.

both boards are sweet no matter what you decide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_As_Cakes View Post
I was on this years turbo dream at a demo at snowmass last year. I liked the ride it was very stable and fast but not nearly as quick edge to edge as the SL. Part of that may have had something to do with the bidings I was riding (k2 auto) which were ok but just not my cup of tea.

The SL also rode much shorter than the Turbo Dream, which I prefer. felt like I had about 4 feet of nose, which was awesome for the powder, But I definitely missed the edge to edge ease of the SL.

both boards are sweet no matter what you decide
I would attribute your edge to edge experience to the bindings you were on. Were they the K2 Auto Evers? Those are good bindings in my opinion. I rode it three times with two different bindings. I liked my Flow NXT-FSE on it the best. Edge to edge was great.

I do agree with that it does ride a little longer which is why I got a shorter 156. However, this is going to be great in powder for my Tahoe trip

As for the shop employee saying K2 is not a good snowboard brand... Obviously he doesn't know ish. I have $10 that says he will say Ride is a good snowboard brand though (K2 owns Ride and although they have different R&D departments, they share the same facilities).

K2 is an awesome company, but so is NS. Coin toss.

Another shameless plug coming up:

K2 Turbo Dream Mens Snowboard 2011

www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode