Hybrid All-Mtn: K2 Turbo Dream vs Never Summer SL - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hybrid All-Mtn: K2 Turbo Dream vs Never Summer SL

Hi guys,

I am looking forward to buy my first board and I already did some research. I will stick to an all-mountain hybrid rocker board, as I think is the most appropriate

These are my options, all 2011 models:
- Capita Indoor Survival FK
- K2 Turbo Dream
- Never Summer NS

Capita: well reputed brand. The board is more turned to park, the lightest, the cheapest but I do not personally like the graphs.

K2: a store manager told me that's not a snowboard brand and that I would have more difficulty to sell the board afterwards (probably because he mainly has Burton and Capita). I read very good reviews, it costs the same as NS, is the most balanced between park and mountain and I don't dislike its design.

NS: I think is a very good brand and has 3 years guarantee (high quality boards). Is the same price as K2 and is the one I like the most in terms of design. Within the three is the one more turned into the mountain.

I am not sure about which one to buy, but I am more into the K2 and NS. What do you think guys?

Sorry about my English =p
pmnsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

I was stuck between the K2 TD and the NS SL also, I went with the NS SL...like you said its very comparable to the TD but has a 3 yr warrenty and no one has anything bad to say about them

I'm still looking into what bindings and boots to get though, what are you thinking about?
mcancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hum...I am from Portugal and I am still confirming with some stores if they can get the NS and at which price.

Bindings: I was thinking in the Union Force. K2 Auto Ever has very good reviews also!

Boots: I think Moto is a safe choice
Old 11-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Obviously, the store manager has an ulterior motive for scaring you about resale value.

I have no comment about the K2 as I haven't ridden one, but my NS is a well made board.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmnsg View Post
K2: a store manager told me that's not a snowboard brand and that I would have more difficulty to sell the board afterwards (probably because he mainly has Burton and Capita).
The manager's argument is obviously self-serving, but also stupid. How much resale value does any snowboard have? We're not talking about a $30,000 car. A board that's $450, brand new, in its current season will be down to around $300 -- still brand new -- when the next season starts. Another year later and it will be down to $250, maybe less. A used snowboard that's a few years old will be worth less that half its original price -- maybe far less, depending on its condition and on the tech advances made in the intervening years. So perhaps someday, you could get only $100 rather than $120 for your used board because some people supposedly don't think of K2 as a legit snowboard brand? Even if that were true, who cares?
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah. That is definitely because he is selling Burton and he feels a bit forced to sell it's brands. Never mind, I'll go to the NS SL or the K2 TD. I am just wanting for two retailers' quotation for the NS, and then I'll decide which to go for
Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Btw, with respect to what snowboarders think of K2, I visited my local shop this afternoon to see what new boards they had in stock and heft a few. They carry Ride, K2, Burton, Gnu, Lib Tech and Rome. There was a large number of new K2 boards that had just come in last week, according to the clerk. "A lot of people were asking when we'd get the K2's in," he said. He then started raving about how great the Turbo Dream is as an all-mountain deck.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Exclamation

Btw, is there any Burton board that you guys consider better than or equivalent to K2 TD (it's been quite difficult to get NS SL quotations, so I am almost giving up of this option)
Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Both the K2 and NS you're debating would be great choices for you. Just pick one and enjoy.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm all for CAPiTA, but thats not what you should be looking at from them. Check the BSOD. Also, look into the Arbor Coda. Sorry to make this harder. Though I would say Coda or SL.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote