Help choosing a board and size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help choosing a board and size

I'm an intermediate rider who's 5'1, 120lbs. I've been riding a 142 K2 Moment for the past 2.5 years and I'm looking at getting a new board for this season and I'm having difficulties choosing a board and a lenght. I live in Ontario and ride mostly in this area however I do travel a lot to the Rockies.

I'm looking for an all mountain board that that can hold an edge in icy conditions however I can still have fun with on the mountain.

The current boards I'm looking at are:

Never Summer Infinity in a 145 or 147? I fit on both. I'm thinking 145 just because my current board is a 142 and I'm scared it would be too much of a jump to the 147. I like the reviews on this board and as a bonus I love the simple graphics.

Rossignol Justice in a 145. I like the sound of the Magne Traction for edge hold and the Amptek sounds a lot like NS's RockerCamber design.

Burton Feelgood in a 144. I don't know much about this board aside from people who have it seem to like it. I also don't know the difference between the regular board and the flying V.

I'm open to all and any suggestions. The K2 Moment was a great board to learn on but its time to move up to the next level.

Thanks!
DoubleT77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

I would love some advice from the snowboard Guru's out there.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you are too apprehensive about the longer board stick with the 145...My wife is riding the Pandora and she loves it...
pmoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

the chick i usually ride with has the infinity and she rides the hell out of that thing. she is about 5'9", 135 lbs and rides the 151. the infinity is a great all-mountain chick board. if you're nervous about the jump to the 147 just stick with the 145.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Infinity is an excellent choice - quality board, stiff-ish for all-mountain riding, but with nice pop. I would go with Never Summer over Rossi.

The Feelgood is a very popular board - aggressive, but still a lot of fun.

Also consider the new Roxy Eminence with C2BTX. I've heard great things about it.

The best thing to do is demo if you can, as each board has a different reverse camber or rocker/camber profile. In the end, all of these are excellent choices, it really just comes down to user preference.

Oh, and 145 is a good size for you. You could go a little longer too.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you for the help and suggestions. I still haven't made up my mind because it's nearly impossible to demo anything other than Burton around here and there's a 2010 Rossi Justice on sale at a lot of online stores. Never Summer was my first choice but the price difference is making me go for the Rossi.

The stores around here SUCK for snowboards. I'll be sure to let you know what I decide to go with. For now, I will stick with my 2008 K2 Moment.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT77 View Post
2010 Rossi Justice on sale at a lot of online stores. Never Summer was my first choice but the price difference is making me go for the Rossi.
Yeah I see that Justice going for about $200 around the 'net. Might want to look at the Ride Solace if you can find one in your size, almost bought that one for my wife last winter. Evo has one but it's a 153 or something, so, too big. You might get lucky and find a 143-145 somewhere else.

OTOH you won't be disappointed with the Never Summer - so don't let price be the only factor

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Cannonsburg - 1
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT77 View Post
Thank you for the help and suggestions. I still haven't made up my mind because it's nearly impossible to demo anything other than Burton around here and there's a 2010 Rossi Justice on sale at a lot of online stores. Never Summer was my first choice but the price difference is making me go for the Rossi.

The stores around here SUCK for snowboards. I'll be sure to let you know what I decide to go with. For now, I will stick with my 2008 K2 Moment.
Just buy the NS, Tina.

And then come to Kicking Horse.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote