first board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default first board...

Hey men,

I've never bought a board before, and I'm getting lost in all the different types, styles and builds, so I was hoping you all could help me.

I currently live in Australia and have been riding rentals for 3 seasons. Confident anywhere on the mountain but can't do tricks or park yet. However I will soon.

I just bought my first boots a few days ago, the 2011 dc super park. But beside that I really need help with the board.

I'm about 5'9 and fairly slim.

I was looking at the 2010 or 2011 forum scallywag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys
bradabayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Gunna need your boot size Mondo (in cm) and weight, and how much you looking to spend?
Puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What's your weight?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think I'm around 140lbs. Maybe a tiny bit less. And boot size 8.5. I think that's near 25cm? I don't have the boots (or a ruler :P) on me.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh...and I'm looking to spend...enough. I want something that will last years, never lose it's fun, but not the top of the line. I'd be satisfied with mid range.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

bugger, i must apologise, i only just saw the 'advice for a new board' post...my bad :P
Old 11-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well if you're looking at something around the 600.00$ Range you can get a Lib-Tech T.rice Save on Lib Tech T Rice Pro C2BTX Snowboard 153 - Mens Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment looks to be good for your weight and foot size... You could also go with a Burton Custom Flying V for a little bit more... Both these boards are great all around boards that'll last you quite some time... and they can go in the park to no problem. Arbor Nightrain Snowboard from Dogfunk.com, Arbor A-Frame Snowboard from Dogfunk.com however the arbours are Cambered and are more directed to Pow riding, however shouldn't give you a problem at all if you want to hit the park. Where the flying V and Trice have hybrid cambers which will help you in and out of the park... someone correct me if I'm wrong I haven't made alot of board recommendations before. Stick with a 153-155 size, and the widths should be alright try to stick to somethign a little more narrow.
Puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy View Post
Well if you're looking at something around the 600.00$ Range you can get a Lib-Tech T.rice Save on Lib Tech T Rice Pro C2BTX Snowboard 153 - Mens Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment looks to be good for your weight and foot size... You could also go with a Burton Custom Flying V for a little bit more... Both these boards are great all around boards that'll last you quite some time... and they can go in the park to no problem. Arbor Nightrain Snowboard from Dogfunk.com, Arbor A-Frame Snowboard from Dogfunk.com however the arbours are Cambered and are more directed to Pow riding, however shouldn't give you a problem at all if you want to hit the park. Where the flying V and Trice have hybrid cambers which will help you in and out of the park... someone correct me if I'm wrong I haven't made alot of board recommendations before. Stick with a 153-155 size, and the widths should be alright try to stick to somethign a little more narrow.
I wouldn't recommend the A-frame or Nightrain if he's looking to get into park. The Element RX and Coda are probably better choices for an all mountain board.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote