Buying from your local shop - any deals usually?share! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteEclipse View Post
Well the canadian dollar is at parity... but not like we'd know looking at local shop prices. At this rate, I've been supporting my locals with everything except the board purchase itself.. I'm not paying 2-3 times the prices so they can laugh all the way to the bank
yeah with it at parity or near parity i could be saving $70bucks on a NS SL buying from US then canada then alas duties and brokering fees are to much and finding a NS retailer that ships USPS is so friggen hard id given up and will just buy local.
fanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

I hear you, you got to do what you got to do
Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

My local shop always have some great prices... It's : Skateboards, Snowboards, Shoes, Streetwear and Urban Fashion | Empire Online Skate & Snowboard Shop
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've always gotten good deals from Community Skate and Snow in Arvada. Like the name implies, they cater to a pretty skate influenced crowd, so most of the stuff they carry is pretty jibtastic, but they'll work with you on the prices.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

Eastern Boarder is the shit. Always helpful and a they always have good stuff for sale. At the ski/snowboard exbo in Boston I got an 09 Burton Custom and Burton CO2 Bindings for $210!!! There is a lot to be said for walking into a store where the guys working already know what you ride, how you ride and where you ride. I use the internet for discount tickets, not for discount gear.
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

Got myself a 2010 Capita IS at the end of the season there for 318$ Pretty good considering they were sold out everywhere else, or just didn't carry Capita.

They were liquidating their 2010 shit like 2 weeks ago too and I bought some snowboard socks for cheap heheh.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

The only time you will get a good deal from local shops is if they are liquidating old inventory. Otherwise, they really have no obligation to lower prices from MSRP.

Like someone said right now is a bad time to look for deals, you may be able to find some 2010 stuff still out there, but it's likely going to be shit no one bought for a reason.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman View Post
I dont like my local shop. It is what it is but I deal with them. For as big as they are they do have limited lines I think.
Everyone has limited lines -- that's the problem inherent in local retail distribution of highly specialized equipment. My local shop carries a half-dozen major brands of boards, which is pretty good, I think. But of course they can carry only the most popular models from each, and those only in the most popular sizes. A comprehensive selection would be impossible. If a company makes 10 different boards and each comes in about eight different sizes, that's 80 different boards to cover just one company's lineup. And it's worse with outerwear because of the colors. Five different pant models x four different sizes x eight different colors = chaos.

The same situation faces enthusiasts in any field that is not absolutely true mass-market. Locally, you have access to only a fraction of what's really being offered. It was like Christmas for me the first time I got a copy of the catalog from the country's largest musical instruments & supplies dealer -- it increased the available selection of everything tenfold.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This is where I bought my board from. rudeboys snowboards

Its in Banff so I just walked in and got it. I got an 10/11 Evo for $565. They paid the tax which was sweet. They have free shipping and you only pay GST because its Alberta. I'm sure if you haggle a bit you could get them to pay for the taxes. Online they dont show that they have NS but they do have a few boards in there.
I could have got it a bit cheaper in the US but by the time you pay for shipping and duty you are not saving much.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

The shop where I go the owner is the tits. If you kind of go all out and buy lots of stuff he'll sarcastically say "Oh, you're in luck, today is 'you get a discount for wearing *insert color shirt you're wearing* day'"
TomasZ is offline   Reply With Quote