In search of a slick board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default In search of a slick board

Hi there guys! As the title says, a slick board is what I want. I've been riding for about 6 years and consider myself to be a strong intermediate snowboarder. Im trying to develope some serious skills in freestyle, but I still want to be able to just throw myself down a cliff now and then. So yea, kinda all mt freestyle would be a good option I think.

Anyway, I'm 6.3 feet tall, 175lbs fat and a size 12 boot. Stance, +15/-6 to -15 depending on where my board takes me, got long legs so I have a wide stance. My boot size restricts my options unfortunatly, since I need a wide board, and want one.

So, if I want to gain some freestyle skills and still be able to ride offpist, how short a board can I actually get? Im kinda locked up on getting something from Lib Tech, and it's currently leaning towards a Skunk Ape. Though I can't really decide if I want to go the 161 or the 165. I've heard that the skunk ape can be really good at "shorter lenghts" if you don't want to go all out on powderboarding. So what do you think of my thoughts? Something you might want to add or suggest?

Thanks!

Last edited by Gibbarn; 12-06-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Gibbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
TLN

196cm, 100 kilos, us13 foot.
ride ns legacy-r 174. i cand ride powder with centered stance(board have a small setback btw) and i can evan land 360 in powder without lots of problems. also it's fast and stable ad high speed. however i cannot lay down in turn because of it's softness and toe drag.

that'd be nice choice for you. also check out heritage, skunk ape, theese are damn good boards.
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Okey thanks dude.

Any other boards for suggestion? Is 162cm way too short for me? since Im trying to improve my freestyle skills and but stil maintain powdersufring and cliffdiving?