Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Ladies board HELP! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/33561-ladies-board-help.html)

lmr 12-01-2010 03:30 PM

Ladies board HELP!

Looking to upgrade my board this season but there are just too many to choose from. I think I've narrowed it down to the K2 Ecopop or the Forum Star (next question is do I go down to a 148/149 or stay at 152?).

I'm 5'7", 120 lbs, boot size is 7.5. I'm an intermediate rider, mostly I like to stick to easy groomed runs and try to hit jumps along the way, but I do head into the park from time to time. I live in Vancouver, BC so the snow here is pretty soft (which is why I'm leaning towards a rocker, rather than a camber board).

Any input would be greatly appreciated (if there's a board that you think might be better suited for me). Help me pick a new board!!!

lilfoot1598 12-01-2010 07:47 PM

The Forum Star is a pricepoint board and is nowhere near the quality of the K2 Ecopop, which I've heard nothing but good things about.

Other boards to consider are the Never Summer Infinity or the Ride OMG.

shifty00 12-01-2010 07:54 PM

http://s3.backcountry.com/900/QKS/QK...504-ONECOL.jpg
Mervin boards FTW.. :D

riznfall 12-01-2010 08:14 PM

You should go with a 148 maybe even alittle smaller.

kls 12-02-2010 08:49 AM

I think between the two the K2 Eco Pop would be best. Also, I think 152 might be a bit big and I would suggest going to the 148. Lilfoot has a great suggestion with the NS Infinity as well.

lmr 12-02-2010 01:21 PM

Hmmm maybe my decision is between the k2 ecopop and the NS infinity now!?

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys are awesome! Hopefully Santa is good to me this Christmas :)

kls 12-03-2010 08:43 AM

If you ever want decent reviews, not just random ones from people who haven't even ridden the board but like the graphics, check out shayboarder.com. I haven't demoed either board so I'm going off the research I've done while looking for my own setup. If I'm remembering correctly there isn't a '10-'11 review on either of these boards

Keep in mind that from the 2009 to 2010 model for the K2 Eco Pop, K2 changed from zero camber flatline to a rocker. I believe the NS Infinity didn't change except for the graphics so the 09-10 shayboarder review will be pretty on point.

Leo 12-03-2010 09:31 AM

The Eco Pop is the female version of the Turbo Dream which is an excellent board. All the female shredders here rave about the Eco Pop.

K2 Eco Pop Womens Snowboard 2011

Oh, as the name suggests... it's eco friendly to boot :thumbsup:

By the way, our site hasn't been updated for the offer with this board, but let the CS people know about it if you do get it from here. You can use the chat function when you are about to place the order.

The deal is a Free pair of Skullcandy LowRider headphones with the purchase of any 2011 Adult Board over $400. Riot earbuds for boards under $400.

lmr 12-03-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kls (Post 336390)
If you ever want decent reviews, not just random ones from people who haven't even ridden the board but like the graphics, check out shayboarder.com. I haven't demoed either board so I'm going off the research I've done while looking for my own setup. If I'm remembering correctly there isn't a '10-'11 review on either of these boards

Keep in mind that from the 2009 to 2010 model for the K2 Eco Pop, K2 changed from zero camber flatline to a rocker. I believe the NS Infinity didn't change except for the graphics so the 09-10 shayboarder review will be pretty on point.

I've scoured the net to find some reviews from ppl that have demoed the board...so far both sound pretty solid. Thanks for the website, can never have too much information :)

Leo 12-03-2010 01:25 PM

There's a video review of the Ecopop on our site. The girl who reviewed it is our snowboard buyer :thumbsup: