Good morning everyone,
I am coming to you because I am going to buy my first board and I have some questions for you. I spent some time on the Internet to find answer, I also went to a store to have some info but I am not quite satisfied by what I've heard. Maybe you will be more helpful
First off, I used to ski since I am 4 years old but I stopped at the age of 14. I moved in the Us last year and I always wanted to try snowboarding. So, for my first winter here, I tried it and completely loved it.
As you know, renting equipment is expensive and that's why I want to have my own.
My snowboarding experience:
- I have snowboard maybe 5 days in my life (early this year)
- I wen down all of the hills (Of course I fell a couple of times)
- I've always been good at sports
- I learn pretty quickly (even my friends were suprised when I start snowboarding)
- I like experiencing new cool stuff
- I am a young man
- 5"5 tall
- weight: 130 lbs
- Shoe size: 6
I think now you have a lot of information about me so let's talk about what I would like:
- snowboard easy to use
- be able to try some tricks :Park and later on, Half-pipe. If I need another board for the half-pipe, then it will wait I got more experience to go there
- I don't really care for speed right now, I want to be able to control the board easily to progress quickly, then I will work on the speed
The board I was Aiming:
- K2 Brigade
- It comes only on: 147cm, 152cm & more
I wanted a short board but I heard that 147cm might be too short for me and that a 150cm will fit me better.
In a shop a guy told me that the Burton TWC 150cm was a good fit for my needs but I was not very satisfied by his explanation. then, I looked online and the Burton is the directionnal board when the K2 is a twin board.
I think that a twin board will be best for me. I hope I've been clear and that you will have all of the info to help me buying my first board.
Have a nice day,