Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   T Rice Pro vs. BSOD vs. Heritage (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/33605-t-rice-pro-vs-bsod-vs.html)

frostypants 12-02-2010 11:20 AM

T Rice Pro vs. BSOD vs. Heritage

Alright so I'm gonna get a new board soon, and can't decide between a few. I ride everything. Powder, groomers, and occasional trips through the park. I ride fast and aggressive, but I don't really hit big jumps very often. I don't jib very much at all, but want that as an option.

Basically I want a board that is really stable at high speeds, great in powder, and won't be a brick in the park.

I've narrowed my choices down to (in order of preference, so far):

(1) Lib Tech T Rice Pro C2BTX
(2) Capita BSOD
(3) NS Heritage
(4) Bataleon Omni

Suggestions??

Feel free to recommend something else, too. Thanks.

skip11 12-02-2010 12:16 PM

Since I owned the T.Rice, my vote goes to that.

skatebanana101 12-02-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostypants (Post 335899)
Alright so I'm gonna get a new board soon, and can't decide between a few. I ride everything. Powder, groomers, and occasional trips through the park. I ride fast and aggressive, but I don't really hit big jumps very often. I don't jib very much at all, but want that as an option.

Basically I want a board that is really stable at high speeds, great in powder, and won't be a brick in the park.

I've narrowed my choices down to (in order of preference, so far):

(1) Lib Tech T Rice Pro C2BTX
(2) Capita BSOD
(3) NS Heritage
(4) Bataleon Omni

Suggestions??

Feel free to recommend something else, too. Thanks.

You would do well on a t rice 157 or 161.5. That's my vote :D

Milo303 12-02-2010 01:21 PM

Where do you live Frosty? My opinion is magnetraction isn't beneficial unless you ride ice a lot... To each their own, but I hate mag but live in CO. So I rarely see ice..

I havn't ridden the BSOD but I own the Heritage and it's the most well rounded board I've ever ridden, by far. I rode last years t-rice and wasn't impressed but it's mostly the mag that I despise

frostypants 12-02-2010 02:15 PM

I live in CA. Mostly ride mammoth & june. Occasional trips to Colorado.

I'm surprised to hear you say you don't like magnetraction - I haven't heard anything bad about it. I don't understand what it is, but I've only heard positive things about it. What would be your vote if ice really isn't a huge issue for me?

Triple8Sol 12-02-2010 02:16 PM

All of those are great options, although I'd replace the Omni with the Jam instead. The Omni is softer than the other 3 on your list. The Jam is stiffer and has a faster base.

danm 12-02-2010 04:46 PM

What are your specs, boot size - weight - (and not so importantly) height? To tip my hand, my all mountain board is last years T.Rice 157 C2 and I'm size 9, 170#, 5'5" and I ride similar to you with maybe a few good sized kickers thrown in :). If I can only take one board it's my T.Rice... I also have a 160 Mullet BTX and a 154 TRS btx to choose from... (Hint, if I can take all three I will!)

danm 12-02-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostypants (Post 336004)
I live in CA. Mostly ride mammoth & june. Occasional trips to Colorado.

I'm surprised to hear you say you don't like magnetraction - I haven't heard anything bad about it. I don't understand what it is, but I've only heard positive things about it. What would be your vote if ice really isn't a huge issue for me?

Oh yeah, Mag is definitely a love hate thing. On my old cambered Mullet MTX I would occasionally encounter the 'locked in to a turn, awkward to transition thing', but I have never felt that on my T.Rice C2.

frostypants 12-02-2010 10:17 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Decided to go with the T Rice. Can't wait to take it out.