Which board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What board should i get?
GNU Park Pickle 9 50.00%
GNU Carbon Credit 5 27.78%
FORUM Destroyer 3 16.67%
FORUM Youngblood 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Cool Which board?

So Im 23 and have been snowboarding for 12 years. My first board was a used EVOL. After a few years on that, i moved onto a liquid storm 154. i have ridden this board for the last 7 or 8 years. Since i live in Southern California i mostly go to Bear Mountain. I also ride in Tahoe for a week a year and Colorado for a week a year and sometimes Park City. Everyone is telling me to get new gear and I will get better. Im good enough to hit every rail and hit the 60 foot booters with my liquid, but never got into pipe. While i am good at jibbing and alright at airs my favorite thing is powder, but being in SoCal i only see good powder about 14 days of whole season. So i am thinking i need a good park board but would not mind some stiffness for pop, speed and reverse camber for powder. At this point anything i buy would be an upgrade from what i have been riding. so here are my choices
I really wanted the Ride Machete, but they do not carry Ride from the store i am getting discount at.
I like the park pickle because i have demoed it for a day. Also i was offered a discount at 390$ so it sounded good
I noticed carbon credit is about same as pickle just 90$ cheaper and i think its 3ply instead of 2 ply. or something to do with the wood in core is different. I like both GNU boards for bear because sometimes its icy and i could use the magne-traction.
Also i was looking at Forum Chilly Dogs but am wondering if they will satify my jibbing needs.
I also like a few of the NeverSummer boards like the EVO but i dont think the shop carries Never summer
basically its between
Park Pickle
Carbon Credit
Destroyer Chilly Dog
Youngblood Chilly Dog

Also i am riding some Burton Freestyle bindings. cheap bindings that should break in next couple seasons and then i am going to buy some UNIONS.
I just bought some DC Ceptor boots i am stoked about.

Flame all you want, i dont care. Opinions or any input is appreciated.
Lets hear it.
Blunt-Trauma- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt-Trauma- View Post

So Im 23 and have been snowboarding for 12 years. My first board was a used EVOL. After a few years on that, i moved onto a liquid storm 154. i have ridden this board for the last 7 or 8 years. Since i live in Southern California i mostly go to Bear Mountain. I also ride in Tahoe for a week a year and Colorado for a week a year and sometimes Park City. Everyone is telling me to get new gear and I will get better. Im good enough to hit every rail and hit the 60 foot booters with my liquid, but never got into pipe. While i am good at jibbing and alright at airs my favorite thing is powder, but being in SoCal i only see good powder about 14 days of whole season. So i am thinking i need a good park board but would not mind some stiffness for pop, speed and reverse camber for powder. At this point anything i buy would be an upgrade from what i have been riding. so here are my choices
I really wanted the Ride Machete, but they do not carry Ride from the store i am getting discount at.
I like the park pickle because i have demoed it for a day. Also i was offered a discount at 390$ so it sounded good
I noticed carbon credit is about same as pickle just 90$ cheaper and i think its 3ply instead of 2 ply. or something to do with the wood in core is different. I like both GNU boards for bear because sometimes its icy and i could use the magne-traction.
Also i was looking at Forum Chilly Dogs but am wondering if they will satify my jibbing needs.
I also like a few of the NeverSummer boards like the EVO but i dont think the shop carries Never summer
basically its between
Park Pickle
Carbon Credit
Destroyer Chilly Dog
Youngblood Chilly Dog

Also i am riding some Burton Freestyle bindings. cheap bindings that should break in next couple seasons and then i am going to buy some UNIONS.
I just bought some DC Ceptor boots i am stoked about.

Flame all you want, i dont care. Opinions or any input is appreciated.
Lets hear it.
just from hearing what you plan on doing, and your riding style, i think you would do well on a gnu carbon credit series. its a charging all mountain ripper, but also rocks the park and the pow due to reverse camber. its a great deck!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebanana101 View Post
just from hearing what you plan on doing, and your riding style, i think you would do well on a gnu carbon credit series. its a charging all mountain ripper, but also rocks the park and the pow due to reverse camber. its a great deck!
thanks for the input. yea im not sure that the difference in core of wood is worth 100$ difference between pickle and carbon credit. can anyone elaborate on the real difference between pickle and carbon credit?
Old 12-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

let me add in that i am going to buy a board tomorrow
Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
let me add in that i am going to buy a board tomorrow
Okay I have about an hour left for final buy.
park pickle is 391$
carbon credit is 312$
any advice or suggestions on other boards or anything?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

i bought the GNU Carbon Credit 156 wide for 312$
had a chance to ride it at bear yesterday, but they need snow. so ill save it for Colorado in a couple weeks. got the DC ceptors, now i just need to buy some new bindings. burton freestyles are getting old.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

im exactly like you. i picked up a ride DH2 and i absolutely love it!
but if i was to pick it would be the park pickle. my friend has it and i have been on it
and its a great board.
10xdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

ya im starting to 2nd guess the 156 WIDE. i think i might bring it back and go down to a 150 so i can get some flex.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
ya im starting to 2nd guess the 156 WIDE. i think i might bring it back and go down to a 150 so i can get some flex.
yeah i ride 156 wide but i went down to a 155 and i think i have found my size.
10xdeep is offline   Reply With Quote