C2 BTX maybe not c2? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default C2 BTX maybe not c2?

So I have a 10/11 GNU altered genetics and it is labeled a C2 on the web site and such however I can not see any camber at all, rocker yes but camber under the mounting points I can not see it? even comparing it to my girls Ally roxy BTX it looks the same to me? It just looks flat after the rocker part. Is there a chance that some of the 10/11's were produced without it and my shop just stuck me with an older make that didn't have it? Or gnu is calming C2 because a few of them have it?
What I would really like to see is any of you guys with a TRS or T-rice with c2 to take a profile shot of it on a table or something to compare to mine. Any thoughts? I shouldn't bitch because I have never even ridden anything but regular camber, but from what I understand is C2 is more stable at speed and speed is what I like, also the board was bought for that specific tech and it would be uber ghey if it was a farce. I want to give Mervin the benefit of the doubt but they are a company after all and want to get paid like everyone else.
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sounds like normal BTX. I looked at some of the new T Rice boards and it looked pretty much like the Never Summer RC. Rocker in the middle and a noticeable camber outside the inserts.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've been riding a Roxy Envi C2 BTX this season.. when I got the board a month ago I put it on the island in our kitchen and I'm certain I could see the differnce in rocker/camber. I wouldn't say the camber was very great the contact points towards the tip and tail were just barely touching the table the rocker being the point of emphasis. I deff felt the benifit of the middle rocker tho first time out, doing ground spins especially. I'd go take a picture for you now but it's late and I'm going riding tomorrow. I'll try and think of it sometime this weekend.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've noticed that the amount of rocker and camber on their C2 boards vary by model. For instance it's much more subtle on the Lib Phoenix series.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote