2007 Burton or 2009 Forum Snowboard?!? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2007 Burton or 2009 Forum Snowboard?!?

I don't know exactly what model of a burton or the forum but basically i am looking into possibly buying either a 2007 Burton board with bindings (not sure if i get boots) but they said it was in good conditon except it has some pressure cracks on the board, Which i am thinking could cause later problems or breaking of the board? They want $200 for the burton, My other possible choice is a 2009 Forum snowboard with i believe forum bindings and boots He want's $300, He described this board as in good condition and he road it for the season of 09-10, He mentioned the only thing wrong with it is that there is a chip off the front of the board because a kid ran into him snowboarding(He didn't really mention how big the chip was or not)... He said that it is fixible, But i wonder if since there is a chip, if later down the road if im snowboarding that could cause later problems like keep cracking, or maybe since there is a chip in the board, maybe it also cracked inside the board and i can't see it? And maybe that crack (if there is one) would just keep cracking and adventaully snap the board or the ply's will come apart? Also maybe since there is a chip that is bad and it will then keep breaking or something, and then the board will snap or split? d you think the pressure cracks in the Burton are a problem? And what about the chip on the forum? And i don't think this chip is just like something little, i am guessing it is probably around 2 inches long? or so?!?

Which board is better for me or which is better?!? If it helps my style of riding is i Can do rails, boxes, jumps, stuff like that, But im not pulling off any huge tricks just basic tricks on rails, and boxes, jumps.

Let me know what you think... Do you think the chip or pressure cracks could be a problem?!?
Also the rider of the forum board, Is REALLY good and he shreads hard, He is also sponsored by forum. So what I'm wondering is since he rides really hard, Do you think there could be internel problems with the board?!? Like inside of the board where you can't see could there be cracks that could keep getting bigger, Then adventually Crack, Break, Or Split The Board?!?
bmxsnowskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

He is sponsored by forum and he's selling a very used board for 300?! Honestly I wouldn't buy either board, you can find better deals. As for boots, avoid buying them used as they will already be formed to someone elses foot. Look on geartrade.com and ebay, and you may be able to find a really great deal on a used board and bindings.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Why are you wondering about all this? Do not buy a damaged board. Don't concern yourself with what ifs and how bads -- just don't buy it. When buying used, buy only "gently used," not anything that's been roughed up.

However, if you're going to buy a board that's two or more years old, you can probably find all sorts of super-low, clearance prices on new (i.e., unused) boards of that vintage.

The same is doubly true of boots. Well-used boots could very well be worthless to you even if they're not "damaged" in any obvious way.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote