Rome Artifact 2010, Horroscop FK 2010, K2 WWW Rocker 2010, or Signal Park Rocker 2010 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Artifact 2010, Horroscop FK 2010, K2 WWW Rocker 2010, or Signal Park Rocker 2010

Hey, I need some opinions on what board to get. I'm relatively new to snowboarding.

I've looked at a lot of similar comparison threads, but I think there's still a few more things we can clarify on.
I'm trying to decide between these boards:

Rome Artifact 2010, Horrorscope FK 2010, K2 WWW Rocker 2010, Signal Park Rocker 2010

I'm trying to go for a softer flexing board, jib/butter board. I actually just bought a Rome artifact 2010 size 150. From what I've heard, it's suppose to be the softest flexing board out there for 2010 but now after buying it, i'm not so sure. The label on it has a flex rating of 5/5, which on Rome's scale from last year, is suppose to be really stiff (unless i totally misinterpreted this...). But on a youtube review, someone said it was more like a 2/10. And I didn't know it has positive camber as well. Is this going to make it harder to do presses? Can you tail block this thing? I've only ridden rocker boards before. I know, I havent snowboarded for long. I don't really want to put bindings on and test it because I still could return it and get something else. I really can't tell just by bending it with my arms.

I've been trying to look at flex test videos online to see how these things do. Not sure what to make of the one for the Artifact 2010. This guy really looks like he's having a hard time with it compared to other flex test videos. Does he just suck or what? Looks like he can barely tail block it.

So, i found some places selling the horroscope fk 2010, K2 WWW rocker 2010, and signal park rocker 2010 (all going for cheaper than what i bought the artifact for, which also why i'm reconsidering).

I've been trying to look at flex test videos online to see how these things do. Not sure what to make of the one for the Artifact 2010. This guy really looks like he's having a hard time with it compared to other flex test videos. Does he just suck or what? Looks like he can barely tail block it. Video of Artifact flex test (I know, probably doesn't do it justice by testing on carpet, but it's the best i can find. Which is why i'm here askin you guys).

The Horroscope fk looks pretty flexy judging from this video, although most reviews say it has a flex of 4/10. I'm liking this option the most right now, but it would be nice to have someone confirm if is that flexy, or if this dude is just much heavier than that last guy. I heard the stairmaster is pretty soft too, but not quite as soft. Any input on this one?

I didn't find any videos on the K2 WWW rocker but from what people say, it's suppose to be as soft as the Artifact. I like this one a lot too, but what I'm not so sure about is this sizing thing. They say you can downsize 5cm on it, but then I read some reviews that said this only really applies to the flat/0 cambered version of the WWW and not the rocker version and that K2 doesn't know what their talking about because rocker actually cuts down on your effective edge. But then some say, well actually the WWW's rocker is just a really minimal rocker so it won't matter. So ya, not sure what the real deal is on that. I'm downsizing 3-2 cm anyways just because this is my jib board, but is going down to a 148 a bit too much? I'm 5'10", 155lbs. Or is this whole downsizing thing no joke, even for the rocker version of the WWW. And how's the flex?

And the signal park rocker looks like its unquestionably flexy, but this is probably my last resort because they say it's not good for jumps. Some other bad things i heard were that it might be way too flexible to where it just slips out all the time, and that because of the extreme rocker kink, presses and such actually feel different and it's more like trying find that perfect sweet spot. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

Anyways, i had the Burton Dominant 2010 last year and it really wasn't very flexible at all even though all the online reviews said it was. Well, actually the nose was flexible, but the tail was stiffened up quite a bit for more pop. Real fun on jumps, but couldn't butter so well on it. So now i want something with a twin flex.

So, is the Artifact 2010 good to go, are these other options better? I'm looking to work on this kind of thing. My local park is just boxes, rails, and small jumps. Really no big slopes here.
ouyang.calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

dam, that post was way too long.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Im not going to read that long post but i vote CAPITAAAAH!
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You should of went with the Rome Artifact 1975, it's a softer version. I was gonna get it for 175 new but I can't justify a new board. You say you got a 150? What's your weight? That will predict the flexibility of that board.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

5'10".

About 155-160.

I couldn't find the artifact 1985 anywhere. That was my first choice. Any idea where it's still sold? I was at this thing called Skidazzle and they had tons of the regular artifacts, but not so much on the 1985's. At least not in my size. And not on sale too.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyang.calvin View Post
5'10".

About 155-160.

I couldn't find the artifact 1985 anywhere. That was my first choice. Any idea where it's still sold? I was at this thing called Skidazzle and they had tons of the regular artifacts, but not so much on the 1985's. At least not in my size. And not on sale too.
Im pretty sure that if you're at that weight range you'll be able to manipulate the board fine. If you want a real noodle get the Signal Park Rocker but outside of park it's pretty useless. If I was you, I would keep the 150 or get the horrorscope fk, but only down side about it is that it;s extruded.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm sure that people flexing their boards on youtube have brand spankin' new boards. Meaning that they aren't broken in. After it breaks in it will make it a little softer. Nothing significant though. Just a thought.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

What do you mean about the Horrorscope fk being extruded?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

And will rocker vs. positive camber make a difference for pressing easier on these really soft boards?

Anybody here tried buttering a 2010 artifact?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yes it will make a big diference. You want a reverse chamber. Easier to flex and less catchy. I meant the base of the horrorscope is extruded, meaning less durable and slow.