Need opinion from users of the K2 WWW rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need opinion from users of the K2 WWW rocker

Hi, I know this is mentioned in my last thread, but I wanted to specifically point it out because I'm very interested in buying this board.

What exactly is the deal with this downsizing by 5cm thing on the K2 WWW rocker.

As I mentioned before, ...they say you can downsize 5cm on it, but then I read some reviews that said this only really applies to the flat/0 cambered version of the WWW and not the rocker version and that K2 doesn't know what their talking about because rocker actually cuts down on your effective edge. But then some say, well actually the WWW's rocker is just a really minimal rocker so it won't matter. So ya, not sure what the real deal is on that. I'm downsizing 3-2 cm anyways just because this is my jib board, but is going down to a 148 a bit too much? I'm 5'10", 155lbs. Or is this whole downsizing thing no joke, even for the rocker version of the WWW. And how's the flex compared to other similar boards?
ouyang.calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a WWW K2 rocker and I downsized it. I think the tip and tail are just a tad shorter. I normally ride a 158 and I went with the 152 when I bought my WWW. I love it. The board is pretty flexy but not to crazy, I ride this thing everywhere on the mountain.
VTRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Take a regular jib board and blunt the tips. Now you have a weapon. WWW's have the effective edge of a board that's bigger. Thats where the downsizing happens.

At 155 get the 152. It will still be soft enough to jib like a champ but have enough meat to handle some jumps too.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote