My Lib Tech have rocker from edge to edge? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
I think that's the point, Lib Tech has plenty of other jibby boards if you don't want that.
well I remember a couple years ago when I was looking at one, Lib was advertising it as a park board
ClevelandSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandSB View Post
what do you like about the skunk ape? From what I've heard in reviews people were saying it was a bit too plank-like and heavy.
Well, Im 6'2'' and almost 200 pounds, so maybe that has something to do with it. I was riding a Custom X (wide) last season, but didn't notice a lighter feel. It's also one of the wider models out there, and that's probably the reason for the plank feeling for people used to normal width. My size 12's just go really well with the extra width, and I've been riding wider boards for years and like it. I also think the magnetraction works better in almost all parts of riding a snowboard.
Doublet79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandSB View Post
well I remember a couple years ago when I was looking at one, Lib was advertising it as a park board
I think it's always been more aimed as an all-mountain freestyle board for a little bigger guys.I freeride it only, this board is pretty stiff. So if reviewed as a park board it would definetly feel a little like a plank.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublet79 View Post
Ok, thanks for the replies! By "edge to edge" i meant to say that it has rocker "sideways". In other words,the rocker runs from one edge over to the other edge. On my board it actually seems to be convex all the way along the running lenght, maybe a touch less towards the ends.
Anyway, have not ridden the board yet, but i totally trust Lib Tech in what they do.In my 15 years of riding probably 20-30 different snowboard models, this board is probably my favorite. I was just worried that this particular board had been produced badly, and snuck thru Lib's quality control, because I have never seen this before. Funny that its not mentioned in their technology description.. So Gibbarn, I think you can keep looking forward to riding your skunk!
Okey I see, it was just me who totally misread your post. :P
Sounds like a good review for the skunk ape mate. Though Im just wondering, out of pure curiosity, what's mainly your type of boarding style? Do you do any freestyle? Because most time in my snowboardcareer i've been in the offpistt, and just at some times gone to the park. This new board Im getting I'd like to improve my freestyle skills alot more but still being able to drop down a cliff now and then... depending on weather and such (there's nothing better than powdersurfing on a sunny day ). By what I've read, this board would be a good choice, but I might be wrong. So what do you think? Any other board you want to suggest?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublet79 View Post
Well, Im 6'2'' and almost 200 pounds, so maybe that has something to do with it. I was riding a Custom X (wide) last season, but didn't notice a lighter feel. It's also one of the wider models out there, and that's probably the reason for the plank feeling for people used to normal width. My size 12's just go really well with the extra width, and I've been riding wider boards for years and like it. I also think the magnetraction works better in almost all parts of riding a snowboard.
how would you compare the skunk ape to the custom x wide?
neveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Sounds like it's a hint of Bataelon's TBT base technology (you can check it out). It's meant to help the board be quicker edge to edge , I don't think it's a defect on your board, rather an improvement.
dr4ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Can you guys take some pictures to show us what you're talking about?
clownmitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

just checked my 2011 t.rice and didn't notice anything like the OP is talking about. Base seemed flat.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Here is a picture, sorry for the quality.. This is no extra pressure added, just holding it down on one side. That gap is between 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch. The rocker is evenly distributed on both sides, this is just to illustrate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3402.jpg (36.8 KB, 27 views)