My Lib Tech have rocker from edge to edge? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My Lib Tech have rocker from edge to edge?

Hi guys!

Just got my 2011 Skunk ape 165 cm with C2 power banana. This is my third or fourth Skunk Ape, I just love the board.. However this is my first one with rocker/ C2 power banana, and I notice that it seems to have "convex" from edge to edge. For you surfing guys that would be like the opposite of a single concave..? So if I put it on the ground base down, I can roll it a bit from edge to edge. It is not a lot but it is really noticeable..
Tried to find a email adress for Lib Tech, but it seems like they really don't want to be contacted by email. So I'm asking you guys here: Do any of you Lib tech owners have this on your Lib tech's? I never noticed this on my older Skunk Apes with traditional camber. Hope it's not a production failure.

Ok, thanks for any replys!
Doublet79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublet79 View Post
Hi guys!

Just got my 2011 Skunk ape 165 cm with C2 power banana. This is my third or fourth Skunk Ape, I just love the board.. However this is my first one with rocker/ C2 power banana, and I notice that it seems to have "convex" from edge to edge. For you surfing guys that would be like the opposite of a single concave..? So if I put it on the ground base down, I can roll it a bit from edge to edge. It is not a lot but it is really noticeable..
Tried to find a email adress for Lib Tech, but it seems like they really don't want to be contacted by email. So I'm asking you guys here: Do any of you Lib tech owners have this on your Lib tech's? I never noticed this on my older Skunk Apes with traditional camber. Hope it's not a production failure.

Ok, thanks for any replys!
Yeah, they don't advertise it but it's there. My TRS BTX doesn't have it but my T.Rice C2 does.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Yeah, they don't advertise it but it's there. My TRS BTX doesn't have it but my T.Rice C2 does.
just bumping in, since Im getting the exact same board asap. Does this technology have a name, or some sort of usable function? Except making it possible to lean more while carving, or Im I just being stupid?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

sounds usable for buttering and such, but overall kinda unstable...
Old 12-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbarn View Post
sounds usable for buttering and such, but overall kinda unstable...
Definitely doesn't effect stability, my T.Rice absolutely CHARGES! This little convex area is only between the bindings so it doesn't effect the contact points, I think it helps more with turn initiation and catching edges.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Definitely doesn't effect stability, my T.Rice absolutely CHARGES! This little convex area is only between the bindings so it doesn't effect the contact points, I think it helps more with turn initiation and catching edges.
Phew, thank god ^^ The way I saw it the convex area was from "edge to edge" (somehow) as the title described. Got a little paranoid when I read this thread, because it was the only negative thing I've heard about the board... Im really looking forward to ride my little skunky ape
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

not on my '11 dark series
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

what do you like about the skunk ape? From what I've heard in reviews people were saying it was a bit too plank-like and heavy.
ClevelandSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbarn View Post
Phew, thank god ^^ The way I saw it the convex area was from "edge to edge" (somehow) as the title described. Got a little paranoid when I read this thread, because it was the only negative thing I've heard about the board... Im really looking forward to ride my little skunky ape
Ok, thanks for the replies! By "edge to edge" i meant to say that it has rocker "sideways". In other words,the rocker runs from one edge over to the other edge. On my board it actually seems to be convex all the way along the running lenght, maybe a touch less towards the ends.
Anyway, have not ridden the board yet, but i totally trust Lib Tech in what they do.In my 15 years of riding probably 20-30 different snowboard models, this board is probably my favorite. I was just worried that this particular board had been produced badly, and snuck thru Lib's quality control, because I have never seen this before. Funny that its not mentioned in their technology description.. So Gibbarn, I think you can keep looking forward to riding your skunk!
Doublet79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandSB View Post
what do you like about the skunk ape? From what I've heard in reviews people were saying it was a bit too plank-like and heavy.
I think that's the point, Lib Tech has plenty of other jibby boards if you don't want that.