My Lib Tech have rocker from edge to edge? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Lib Tech have rocker from edge to edge?

Hi guys!

Just got my 2011 Skunk ape 165 cm with C2 power banana. This is my third or fourth Skunk Ape, I just love the board.. However this is my first one with rocker/ C2 power banana, and I notice that it seems to have "convex" from edge to edge. For you surfing guys that would be like the opposite of a single concave..? So if I put it on the ground base down, I can roll it a bit from edge to edge. It is not a lot but it is really noticeable..
Tried to find a email adress for Lib Tech, but it seems like they really don't want to be contacted by email. So I'm asking you guys here: Do any of you Lib tech owners have this on your Lib tech's? I never noticed this on my older Skunk Apes with traditional camber. Hope it's not a production failure.

Ok, thanks for any replys!
Doublet79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublet79 View Post
Hi guys!

Just got my 2011 Skunk ape 165 cm with C2 power banana. This is my third or fourth Skunk Ape, I just love the board.. However this is my first one with rocker/ C2 power banana, and I notice that it seems to have "convex" from edge to edge. For you surfing guys that would be like the opposite of a single concave..? So if I put it on the ground base down, I can roll it a bit from edge to edge. It is not a lot but it is really noticeable..
Tried to find a email adress for Lib Tech, but it seems like they really don't want to be contacted by email. So I'm asking you guys here: Do any of you Lib tech owners have this on your Lib tech's? I never noticed this on my older Skunk Apes with traditional camber. Hope it's not a production failure.

Ok, thanks for any replys!
Yeah, they don't advertise it but it's there. My TRS BTX doesn't have it but my T.Rice C2 does.
danm is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Yeah, they don't advertise it but it's there. My TRS BTX doesn't have it but my T.Rice C2 does.
just bumping in, since Im getting the exact same board asap. Does this technology have a name, or some sort of usable function? Except making it possible to lean more while carving, or Im I just being stupid?

Got milk?
Gibbarn is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sounds usable for buttering and such, but overall kinda unstable...

Got milk?
Gibbarn is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbarn View Post
sounds usable for buttering and such, but overall kinda unstable...
Definitely doesn't effect stability, my T.Rice absolutely CHARGES! This little convex area is only between the bindings so it doesn't effect the contact points, I think it helps more with turn initiation and catching edges.
danm is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Definitely doesn't effect stability, my T.Rice absolutely CHARGES! This little convex area is only between the bindings so it doesn't effect the contact points, I think it helps more with turn initiation and catching edges.
Phew, thank god ^^ The way I saw it the convex area was from "edge to edge" (somehow) as the title described. Got a little paranoid when I read this thread, because it was the only negative thing I've heard about the board... Im really looking forward to ride my little skunky ape

Got milk?
Gibbarn is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
 
Lstarrasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not on my '11 dark series
Lstarrasl is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what do you like about the skunk ape? From what I've heard in reviews people were saying it was a bit too plank-like and heavy.
ClevelandSB is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbarn View Post
Phew, thank god ^^ The way I saw it the convex area was from "edge to edge" (somehow) as the title described. Got a little paranoid when I read this thread, because it was the only negative thing I've heard about the board... Im really looking forward to ride my little skunky ape
Ok, thanks for the replies! By "edge to edge" i meant to say that it has rocker "sideways". In other words,the rocker runs from one edge over to the other edge. On my board it actually seems to be convex all the way along the running lenght, maybe a touch less towards the ends.
Anyway, have not ridden the board yet, but i totally trust Lib Tech in what they do.In my 15 years of riding probably 20-30 different snowboard models, this board is probably my favorite. I was just worried that this particular board had been produced badly, and snuck thru Lib's quality control, because I have never seen this before. Funny that its not mentioned in their technology description.. So Gibbarn, I think you can keep looking forward to riding your skunk!
Doublet79 is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandSB View Post
what do you like about the skunk ape? From what I've heard in reviews people were saying it was a bit too plank-like and heavy.
I think that's the point, Lib Tech has plenty of other jibby boards if you don't want that.

PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome