Easy livin 2011 size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Easy livin 2011 size

Hi everybody,

I am currently looking for a new stick more all mountain and after all powder oriented. I have already a bataleon ET 151 that I want to keep for park and that I find pretty good but cannot float much in deep pow.

So I am looking at the ELFV 2011 but don't know what size to choose, 152 or 155. I am 5'6 and 135 pounds so burton advices me a 152 but I find it not so taller than my ET and the difference would not be relevant. So I am pretty much thinking on the 155 and as the flying-v camber helps turning and floating even for longer boards. What do you think? Any advice welcome folks

Thanks
Fondvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hi,

any advice?

thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Easy Livin is a sick park board that will do good in powder, but for all-mountain you have better options. If you want to stick with Burton, the Custom Flying-V or Sherlock seems more up your alley. Also take a look at the Joystick. All three of those boards are better all-mountain and powder boards.

Also, it's hard to recommend a size if you don't provide your weight, boot size, and height. Weight and boot size play the most important roles in board sizing while height plays a bare minimum. Consult each board's spec sheet and look for a size where your weight falls in the center of the weight range.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

ok thank you.

I am 5'6 and weight 135 pounds for a size 9 boots. I am in the range of the easy livin 152 but also the 155. I have heard also that you can downsize the board if it has flying v or rocker. Is it true, does it really floats in powder?

I think that floating is pretty much in relation with the length of the board even for rockers...
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Downsizing on a rocker or rocker hybrid design does work in powder. That 152 ELFV will float better than a posi cambered ELF in a higher size. However, downsizing is not good for all-mountain usage. You will be sacrificing stability and speed for control and flex. Downsizing is only recommended for pure powder riding or jibbing.

Even on powder though, a longer rockered board will bomb better.

A good all-mountain size for you is the size where your weight falls closet to the middle of the weight range.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think you mean downsizing is only for pure park and jibbing.

With a long rocker board is it more difficult to turn in powder, groomers or trees or the rocker helps to turn? I do not want to loose manoeuvrability by oversizing it.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

No I don't... downsizing is for jibbing or powder in relation to rockered boards. Downsizing in powder is bad if it is a positive cambered board.

For pure powder riding, going with a bigger size will always give you more stability and carve better.

Trees? Man, you are all over the place with types of riding. Yes, longer boards in trees is harder to maneuver. You will want a shorter board for trees.

I think you're looking for a one board quiver correct? Then again, I suggest you find a size where your weight falls in the center of the board's range.

I'm running around in circles at this point.