Board Busted, help me pick out a new one - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Busted, help me pick out a new one

Board busted on my 2nd time out today, so the local shop said they would help me out aka 20% off of what they have in stock.. (they carry: rome, ride, rossi, k2, nitro and burton)

me: 6-1 260lbs 11.5 boot, goofy duck stance.. pretty much enjoy just cruising, hitting natural jumps, running trees and powder.. not much into the park scene at all.. i just moved to utah about a month ago to pursue snowboarding and to finish college (one of those, i hate the midwest and needed to make a change in life.. viola here i am)..i had a 2006 rossi jeremy jones..

would love to try one of the new reverse camber boards, my roommate is pumping me to get a never summer.. but, i'm going to try and deal with the shop since they helped me out (trying to make a relationship here haha)

i'm not sure if the term 'too much board' applies to any of the new boards out there but reading things tonight for a few hours my list includes

k2 slayblade 163w
k2 turbo dream 164w
ride antic 165w
ride highlife 163w
rome agent rocker 158w

anyone have some advice on those? i tried to include as much info bout myself as i could..

i'm leaning toward the highlife or agent rocker, but scared maybe the Agent is too small for me

thanks
PCHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

260 lbs hey? 20% off for any one of the mentioned boards isn't enough of a deal. Invest a little more and get a solid stick. Never Summer.
Brentslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentslide View Post
260 lbs hey? 20% off for any one of the mentioned boards isn't enough of a deal. Invest a little more and get a solid stick. Never Summer.
If he can get 20% off an already marked down older year board, he could possibly get a great deal. I have no experience with the boards mentioned so Ill let the other guys handle that.
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentslide View Post
The boards he listed are all solid boards.
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think the Slayblade will handle your weight the best.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
TLN

hey men! its 260 lbs. I don't understand, why lots of people here on forum ride so short boards. with such a weight, better choose from 166+. better get 170+ stiff boards.
I consider something like
Ride Yukon 172 would be the best choice for you. (you mentioned couple of ride boards, i suggest you leaning to Ride)
NS Raptor or Raptor X
NS Legacy-R or even 174(i got that one)
Elan Vertigo 168(very stiff, but with your weight it'd be ok)
Unity Dominion (i remember they got 170 and 180cm decks)

PS. Juct checked that you're looking into freeride... Don't ever get a board that is not wide, and that is shorter then 165cm.
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm a huge fan of the slayblade, stiff as all fuck but alot of fun and amazing at high speeds. I hear the highlife is very similar but I've never tried it. The turbo dreams also a pretty decent all mountain board. It's a little less stiff and can somewhat hit park, but not terribly well. My vote is for the slayblade though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
hey men! its 260 lbs. I don't understand, why lots of people here on forum ride so short boards. with such a weight, better choose from 166+. better get 170+ stiff boards.
I somewhat agree. If you aren't hitting the park at all I'd try and maximize your effective edge a bit more. I'd give the 166w slayblade a try.

Last edited by Xelorz; 12-06-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Xelorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
I consider something like
Ride Yukon 172 would be the best choice for you. (you mentioned couple of ride boards, i suggest you leaning to Ride)

PS. Juct checked that you're looking into freeride... Don't ever get a board that is not wide, and that is shorter then 165cm.
Thanks. My intentions were to get a smaller board, currently in the process of losing weight (63lbs in 4 months) so wanted to get something that i could keep for a few years.. i'll definitely get a bit longer board..

again. thanks, for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelorz View Post
I'm a huge fan of the slayblade, stiff as all fuck but alot of fun and amazing at high speeds. I hear the highlife is very similar but I've never tried it. The turbo dreams also a pretty decent all mountain board. It's a little less stiff and can somewhat hit park, but not terribly well. My vote is for the slayblade though.

I somewhat agree. If you aren't hitting the park at all I'd try and maximize your effective edge a bit more. I'd give the 166w slayblade a try.
Thanks for the reply.. I'm starting to lean toward the slayblade myself, i haven't really found many reviews on the highlife out there...
PCHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
TLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHusker View Post
Thanks. My intentions were to get a smaller board, currently in the process of losing weight (63lbs in 4 months) so wanted to get something that i could keep for a few years.. i'll definitely get a bit longer board..
63 lbs in 4 months? That's great. I'm very interested in what program you're using. PM any info on this, if you can.

Well, if you are not going to park, but all mountain, powder days, and some jumps in a powder the longer board would be better anyway.
I just can say about me, I'm 100 kilos(220 lbs), and a bit less then 2 meters high(dunno how much in ft). I got NS Legacy-R 174. I can say that it on a longer end for me, but it's so fun to ride. It's not superstiff, but i can ride very fast without a scary. I can do a 360(i even did 540 two times a life =) and ride it in a deep powder with a centered stance.

I mean, if you lose weight till 200lbs, 166-170 cm board, is still ok, once you won't hit the park. And you can keep that longer board(as i mentioned) for a some years.

BTW, the bigger question for me is, what do you(not PCHusker but all ppl here) call "all mountain". Because it differs alot in US and Kazachstan i believe =)
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Resident poet

For your size ya might look at some rad air and libs;. e.g., tanker, grocer, doughboy. I'd imagine ur going to want some float in that utah poo. I'm 175# and last year in the pnw heavier poo a 162 wasn't quite big enough so trying a 166 this year.