need help and advice on 3 boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default need help and advice on 3 boards

hi. im about to buy the board im going to use for the next couple of seasons.

Im not really into riding in the park. i DO get there occasionally, but i mainly spend my time allover the mountain, just playing around, hunting down any powder i can find. not really into jibbing either. i do like to find whatever natural jumps i can find in the offpiste, or the transition from piste to offpiste.

ive been reading quite a bit, and i have come down to 3 boards:

The Turbo Dream, Artec Altrocker (cant find any reviews ont this!) and Forum Scheme.

i havent owned a rockered board before. my old board was burton un.inc. from 08/09. (didnt know anything about it, got a GREAT deal on it thou.)

im really leaning towards the turbo dream. especially the harshmellow feature looks cool. the Artec looks similar -to me!- but is a good 225$ cheaper. and the forum also looks good, but i dont know that much about it.

can some maybe explain to me, the main differences between the 3 boards? maybe even recommend one?

Thanks.

Lasse (from Denmark )
lfruergaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

The Turbo Dream is a really fun freeride board. Stable at higer speeds. Can't say much for the other two.
Xelorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks alot. im a bit confused that i cant seem i find ANY reviews or articles about the Altrocker. is this board very new, or just not interesting?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Artec is a lower end brand. No matter the reviews i would recommend the Turbo Dream or Scheme over that. IIRC the Scheme is regular camber whereas the other 2 are rocker.

Basically with those 3 it is Turbo Dream hands down
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

well that was a clear answer. thanks alot for that i think ill take the turbo dream then.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

sorry for bringing this up again. but a buddy of mine is trying to convince me that Turbo dream is a specified offpiste board, that wont work in europe, because of the lag of powder and backcountry.

is this true. and by what i said in my first post, about my ridingstyle, isnt the Turbo dream the best board for me? i may have been to narrow minded in chosing this board, and not looking towards any others?

hope one of you can help me. it would be much appriciated
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tell your friend to go demo a Turbo Dream before he makes false claims. You shouldn't believe what people say unless they have given the board a good demo.

I'm in Michigan, USA which is full ice. I demoed the 2011 TD and ended up buying it. I get very little powder here (if you want to call it that) so that gives you an idea of the type of riding I was doing on this thing.

It handled great and you're on the right track for being interested in Harshmellow. I love this tech and it makes perfect sense to put it on a rockered board. Well, technically speaking, it isn't a true rockered board. 70% of the board is flat starting from the middle and 30% mellow rocker through tip and tail. It really should be considered a hybrid, but they don't state that because "hybrid" suggests that there is a positive camber zone.

This board killed icey groomers here and I hear from many people that this board also owns the powder. My style is all-mountain freestyle and this board suits me well. It is about a mid-stiff flex. It lacks a little pop, but is nowhere dull in that department.

So really, I'll be surprised if you don't like this board. In fact, you should get it, shred the hell out of it, and rub it in your friend's face.