Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Waxing a DC board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/33837-waxing-dc-board.html)

poenanie 12-07-2010 12:08 PM

Waxing a DC board

Hi lads,

I've just bought the DC PBJ, took it for a spin, sick board for rails for sure!
Only one concern, how do you wax and scrape a base like that? It's got these little dents in it wich is supposed to be like a golfball and make you go faster, but if I wax my board isn't all of the wax gonna get in those dents and if I scrape it how do I get it out of there? :')

Lstarrasl 12-07-2010 12:17 PM

It's a gimmick, just wax as normal.

Nivek 12-07-2010 09:23 PM

Well it's not a gimmick. But yes you just wax and scrape as normal. Any of the extra in the dimples will just kinda rub off in a couple runs.

Lstarrasl 12-07-2010 09:32 PM

gim·mick   
[gim-ik]
–noun
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, esp. one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

a concealed, usually devious aspect or feature of something, as a plan or deal: An offer that good must have a gimmick in it somewhere.
a hidden mechanical device by which a magician works a trick or a gambler controls a game of chance.
Electronics Informal . a capacitor formed by intertwining two insulated wires.
–verb (used with object)
to equip or embellish with unnecessary features, esp. in order to increase salability, acceptance, etc. (often fol. by up ): to gimmick up a sports car with chrome and racing stripes.
–verb (used without object)

to resort to gimmickry, esp. habitually.

MistahTaki 12-07-2010 10:01 PM

I hear that DC boards don't need wax. is that true?

Nivek 12-07-2010 10:13 PM

Oh cool. You can quote dictionaries. Structurn works. It makes a board faster, longer. A guy I used to ride with liked sticky bases and was annoyed with his last year Kooley SantaCruz cause it had structurn and the thing wouldn't slow down for him even after a few days, on man made snow. Structurn. It works.

Lstarrasl 12-07-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 338895)
Oh cool. You can quote dictionaries. Structurn works. It makes a board faster, longer. A guy I used to ride with liked sticky bases and was annoyed with his last year Kooley SantaCruz cause it had structurn and the thing wouldn't slow down for him even after a few days, on man made snow. Structurn. It works.

No, I was just telling you what a gimmick was. You said it wasn't a gimmick, but it obviously is. I didn't say it didn't work.

MistahTaki 12-07-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lstarrasl (Post 338926)
No, I was just telling you what a gimmick was. You said it wasn't a gimmick, but it obviously is. I didn't say it didn't work.

You said it's a gimmick because it's doesn't work right??? WHy else would you say that? Doesn't make sense if you aren't inferring that it doesn't work.

Lstarrasl 12-08-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistahTaki (Post 338943)
You said it's a gimmick because it's doesn't work right??? WHy else would you say that? Doesn't make sense if you aren't inferring that it doesn't work.

No, it's a gimmick to get you to buy the board, it sets you apart. Just wax as normal, if the wax gets in the dimples it will eventually come out of the dimples. Will the average snowboarder notice the dimples? Probably not.

jgsqueak 12-08-2010 03:29 PM

After a few full tunes, Structurn is gone. Sure it works, but it has to be there to work. And yes you have to wax DC boards. Wax-impregnated bases still need wax; they are not "endless-supply-of-wax" bases.