Board advice appriciated - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Board advice appriciated

hola amigos! New season = new board. Been looking around for a while now and I've come to the conclusion that I need some help. So please, give me a minute or two

I am:
A pretty strong intermediate all mnt freerider with tiny freestyle skills (360 on small jumps at the most).
6,3ft
180lbs
12size boot

With this board I want to focus on improving jibbing, jumping and "trixing", but still being able to go offpist and enjoy some powdersurfing once in a while! I dont have a price limit, but under 600usd would be nice. Im really into Lib Tech so that's a plus. Give me some advice please

Got milk?

Last edited by Gibbarn; 12-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Gibbarn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
get a wide board whatever you do, and for jibbing/park get a board with lower flex rating as it will be more forgiving on rails and boxes

i went with the dc pbj, only 350, and it is great for park but can handle booters too
bb6kid is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Burton Canyon for sure

For a big dude like you?... BURTON CANYON. im 6'1 170 and my canyon is the funnest most responsive springy-est board ive ever ridden. super wide for the big feet n the neck-deep snow but still flexible enuf for ridin boiler. you wont be disappointed with a canyon dude. i live in valdez alaska and been ridin for 21 years. the canyon is the best board ive ever been on. you asked... i answered. no libtech.

WHERE ARE YOU SNEAKYKITTY?!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
THIS ISNT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
akrider01 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb6kid View Post
get a wide board whatever you do, and for jibbing/park get a board with lower flex rating as it will be more forgiving on rails and boxes
i went with the dc pbj, only 350, and it is great for park but can handle booters too

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrider01 View Post
For a big dude like you?... BURTON CANYON. im 6'1 170 and my canyon is the funnest most responsive springy-est board ive ever ridden. super wide for the big feet n the neck-deep snow but still flexible enuf for ridin boiler. you wont be disappointed with a canyon dude. i live in valdez alaska and been ridin for 21 years. the canyon is the best board ive ever been on. you asked... i answered. no libtech.
Okey thanks alot guys. Good advices and explanations. A wide board is kinda crucial, I know Ive been looking around at my retailer but havnt found any of those boards unfortunately.

How about Jamie or Lando Phoenix,
Skate banana,
Skunk ape (or is it tooo much freeride?),
K2 Fastplant
Ride Machete
Anyone has some experiance from those boards that you want to share with me? if you were in my position what would you go for? (I do NOT live in the states or canada so my choices arent as wide yours..)

Got milk?

Last edited by Gibbarn; 12-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Gibbarn is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Member
 
ccole89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Jamie Lynn and Lando are very similar and wont help you progress in the park one bit as they are too stiff. The Skate Banana is good and will do great in park and powder but wont perform as well freeriding. I was kinda in your position and really liked the TRS and the Attack Banana but they had the TNT base. I also really liked Mervin so i went with the Gnu Riders Choice which they make in a wide version. The Riders Choice has the C2BTX technology so it'll hold up freeriding but will still kill it in the park and has a sintered base.
ccole89 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccole89 View Post
The Jamie Lynn and Lando are very similar and wont help you progress in the park one bit as they are too stiff. The Skate Banana is good and will do great in park and powder but wont perform as well freeriding. I was kinda in your position and really liked the TRS and the Attack Banana but they had the TNT base. I also really liked Mervin so i went with the Gnu Riders Choice which they make in a wide version. The Riders Choice has the C2BTX technology so it'll hold up freeriding but will still kill it in the park and has a sintered base.
Okey, good then I can exclude the phoenixes. Been thinkin about the TRS but Im afraid it wont be wide enough for me.. The T.Rice is another option but it's more freeride-oriented than any of those.. Damn, sometimes it sucks to have big feet. Will keep an eye out when/if the GNU boards is for sale, it seemed awesome and almost perfect (there is no such thing) for me.

Got milk?
Gibbarn is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Member
 
ccole89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Skunk Ape is a wide TRS. The T. Rice will prob be around the same stiffness of Phoenix series depending on what size and all. Haven't been able to get my Riders Choice out on the snow but im super stoked about it!
ccole89 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccole89 View Post
The Skunk Ape is a wide TRS. The T. Rice will prob be around the same stiffness of Phoenix series depending on what size and all. Haven't been able to get my Riders Choice out on the snow but im super stoked about it!
And that brings me back to my original choice, the skunk ape. In my opinion it's too clumpsy to learn freestyle with. Hehe yea I bet you are Seems like I will have to go with intuition after all. Can't order til' the 23th so its a few weeks left stil

Got milk?
Gibbarn is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If someone wants to bump in and throw me some more advices or comments that would be a real treat, hopefully

Got milk?
Gibbarn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome