Board Suggestions: Light/Flexible - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Suggestions: Light/Flexible

Hey everyone so I am in my 3rd year of boarding and am currently using a Burton 7 157. It is as stiff and heavy as concrete!

My experience level I would say is intermediate. I am the type of rider who likes to just go down the mountain and hit all the kickers I find. I wanna be able to do like 180's + 360's and feel the weight and stiffness of my current board is holding me back.

I am 6ft tall and weigh 140lbs.

I'm looking for a board between 154-157 but suggest whatever you think is best for doing tricks (Not really park size jumps but things off to the side).

I am willing to spend between $250-$400

Thanks
Milk Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

in all honesty a lighter, more flexible board isn't going to magically make you able to do spins off kickers... but as far as a better board for the park goes, at your price range I would look at a capita horrorscope or a k2 darkstar

ClevelandSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandSB View Post
in all honesty a lighter, more flexible board isn't going to magically make you able to do spins off kickers... but as far as a better board for the park goes, at your price range I would look at a capita horrorscope or a k2 darkstar

damn what's up with those k2 pixelated graphics nowadays that's on the base of the darkstar? I think it looks like computer vomit from the 90s. The highback of one of the K2 formula models has them too:

uglllly.

Sorry for derailing thread I think there are some k2 darkstars 2010 lying around too if you're looking for normal camber. 2011 flatine.
rainboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboarding View Post
damn what's up with those k2 pixelated graphics nowadays that's on the base of the darkstar? I think it looks like computer vomit from the 90s. The highback of one of the K2 formula models has them too:
yeah I mean I don't think the darkstar is a terrible looking board but compared to the horrorscope its ugly. I was messing around with the horrorscope the other day at my local shop and it looks freakin awesome in person. The graphics are super bright and clear, even on the base. If I had to get a new stick that would def be it
ClevelandSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No Horror. UrbanFK makes it too squirly. Even riding the 55 I didn't feel stable and normally in that ride I'd probably be on the 51. Try the Indoor FK. Especially if you wanna jump it a lot. Darkstar will also work well. If you feel like you want something softer then look at the Signal park. It will be as soft as the Horror, but it being camber will give you some better stability. For an inbetweener that's super light look into the GreenMachine FK. That is my favorite park board ever so far.

Also try the Ride Kink, Flow Era, or a DC Tone.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 12-07-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote