I have it narrowed down, but can I get some imput. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I have it narrowed down, but can I get some imput.

Hey,

I've been doing some research but I want your opinions on what new boards to consider. I am a solid intermediate rider, who mainly cruises on groomers, but does some side country stuff, and is just starting to hit the park. So in other words, I want an all mountain board that isn't excessively stiff, but won't wash out too easily. I want to be able to progress without out growing the board in the next couple of years.

I'm thinking I want a slight rocker as the rocker boards I have demoed seem to suit me. I also want either a flat base, or slight camber between the bindings, as I have been riding a camber board for the last couple of years (K2 illusion), and I feel that this would help me make the transition.

Im looking to spend about $350 -$400 and am willing to wait until the end of season for sales if I have to.

Right now my list would be:
K2 Turbo Dream (I know it's above the limit but I can wait/ save)
K2 Raygun
Rossignol Taipan

Any input on those boards or maybe other boards to consider.

Thanks in advance
kedvaledrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I just remembered to add: I am about 5'7" and 150ish pounds.
kedvaledrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

check out the gnu carbon credit it has a mid range flex (5 for a 153 and 6 for a 156) with banana and magne-traction at 399 new.

also depending if you are looking to do a little more park you could look at a Bataleon ET classic or evil twin (both will work for all mountain but a little softer) but new the 2011's retail for 469

Last edited by Penguin1991; 12-08-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Penguin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you can wait, the TD is a great choice. Harshmellow on that baby makes it stable and damp on landings. It's mid-stiff so it's a great all-mountain flex. Also, it is a mix of flatline and rocker. 70%flat starting from middle and 30% mellow rocker through tip and tail. This is my new stick this year

If you don't feel like waiting, the Raygun is a great, great board for the price. It is basically the TD's little brother. Not as stable or stiff, but same rocker and extruded vs the TD's sintered base. Some people won't even get on a board with an extruded base, but I don't really mind when considering the price. Just wax it more often.