2011 K2 Anagram or 2011 Ride Kink - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

So i've kinda gotten confused between these conversations but if I was to purchase the Anagram for what I want to do, do you think it should suffice for a few years then?
SnowboardRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Not really. Look at it this way:

Are you going to kill it in the park? Spend 80% of your time there? If you answered yes, go Kink.

Are you going to ride all aspects of the mountain, not spending more than 60% in any one area (park, groomers, powder)? If you answered yes, go Raygun.

Are you just wanting to save some cash and go with cheapest, park-like, entry level board out of the three? If you answered yes, go with the Anagram.
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

jgsqueak:
Ok, but when I talk about park, I don't care to ride rails or boxes....only jumps and doing 360's about 85% of the time.
The other 15% riding would be the rest of the mountain, not going for crazy speed but a decent speed.

(Note: The board i've been riding for the last 6 years is a Kemper Vertex) So how would the Anagram stack up to that. If it's better in all aspects then the Kemper, then I'm good with the Anagram.

Thanks,
Old 12-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think I would go with the Raygun. It sounds like a good deal and you get something that you could progress on for a few years. The kink is too jib oriented and the sintered base will help on the big jumps when the snow is less than ideal (spring riding)
boarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Here is a link to the page showing some of the reviewers details:

About The Good Ride

It doesn't really say where they are from though. But I like that they aren't professional snowboarders because I often find that what the professionals want in a board is different from what I want based on the fact that I'm mostly just fooling around on smaller mountains (my local resort is basically a hill) and smaller features. I personally don't need as much board as what a professional would want. I always find the pro models pretty stiff!

And they have a contact page where you can email them and ask their opinions on boards for you personally. And you can request reviews that they haven't done yet.

Contact The Good Ride

When I was buying a board I found it overwhelming because I had been boarding on the same board for about 8 years and when I last bought one they didn't even have different camber options!

This site was really helpful too but I found people tended just to recommend their favourite boards and it was a bit biased so I found the good ride and used it too. Together they were pretty good resources!
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have a 2009 anagram, I like it...
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1Ballr View Post
So is it good for doing jumps/kickers & riding switch?

That's the main reason I want this board.
I mean it has to be better than a Kemper Vertex right?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowboardRX View Post
So is it good for doing jumps/kickers & riding switch?

That's the main reason I want this board.
I mean it has to be better than a Kemper Vertex right?
I havent gone off any BIG jumps, but maybe some 10footers or so. And its done well on those. As far as riding switch, it does that well also. I don't have all that much experience so I can't turn and carve riding switch as well as I can riding my normal way, but I blame that on experience/skill more then the board.

My only gripes, and this is just opinion, that the board isn't as flexy as some others may be. I would like it to be a bit more flexible. Also I don't have the specs or anything, and this may be in my head, but I feel like if I got another board (parkstar) and bindings (390s), it would be much more lightweight. Again, idk if the difference would be ounces or a couple lbs, but I have the anagram and cinch ctc's, so for my next board I want to look at something more lightweight.

I'll sell ya my anagram for $150 if ya want it, base is perfectly fine, maybe 2 chips in the nose on the top sheet.
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
The 2009 Anagram is Camber (like your Kemper), the 2011 is rocker (athough fairly minimal rocker 5mm) at the tip and tail and flat in between your feet; not really the same board. If you are not hitting boxes/rails, I think that you are more fit for a Raygun.

Is the Anagram better than your Kemper? Yes. Are they really comparable? No. New tech/materials are 10 times out of 10 better than obsolete/old tech/material. At the end of the day anything you buy that is 3 or less years old is going to be "better," but will it be better for what you want (jumps and some speed/turns, not rails)? That is why I say Raygun. At the end of the day it is your cash and your choice. Will the Agram still slide down a snow covered hill fast enough for you to get your thrill on? Yes.

Ride on.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
like if I got another board (parkstar) and bindings (390s), it would be much more lightweight. Again, idk if the difference would be ounces or a couple lbs, but I have the anagram and cinch ctc's, so for my next board I want to look at something more lightweight.
It is the CTCs weighing your board down. the weight difference between a Parkstar and Anagram is minimal. Most(newer) boards are pretty similar in weight unless you get something with a tech core like a Vapor...