Board Choice: switch to neg. camber? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Choice: switch to neg. camber?

Iíve had a camber board for 8 yrs and now Iím thinking about buying a DC Biddy or Burton Blender for 2011. However, Iíve read mixed reviews about these boardsí ability to hold an edge and carve.

Iím interested in trying something easier to spin/ more forgiving for parkÖ but I want still want stability for free riding and am worried these boards will make carving rough.

While they're freestyle boards, are they versatile enough to serve as good all mtn boards.. and to what extent will switching to reverse camber affect my free riding?

also open to any other board suggestions if you have any.

Thanks so much!
jess0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess0406 View Post
I’ve had a camber board for 8 yrs and now I’m thinking about buying a DC Biddy or Burton Blender for 2011. However, I’ve read mixed reviews about these boards’ ability to hold an edge and carve.

I’m interested in trying something easier to spin/ more forgiving for park… but I want still want stability for free riding and am worried these boards will make carving rough.

While they're freestyle boards, are they versatile enough to serve as good all mtn boards.. and to what extent will switching to reverse camber affect my free riding?

also open to any other board suggestions if you have any.

Thanks so much!
you could try something with a hybrid camber, like with camber and reverse camber in one board.
The Never Summer SL, Burton Custom V rocker, and Mervin's C2BTX technology on some of their boards are all really good designs that still have the power and edge hold of a camber board but have the playful feel of a rocker board. Check 'em out and see what you like
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't think the Burton Blender rides well all-mountain, but I could be wrong. If you want a versatile board, go with a rocker-camber combination.

What are you riding now?

I really like Never Summers RC Tech (camber/rocker) and Vario grip (more contact points on the edges). I haven't tried it, but I've also heard great things about Gnu's C2BTX, which is similar.

NS Infinity (mid-stiff) or Pandora (soft)
Gnu B-street (soft) or B-Pro (stiffer)
Roxy Eminence or Ollie Pop
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd also look at a Smokin PYT, its zero camber so it should do what you want. If you need something right around a 149 check out the Cheryl Maas Gross Out from Nitro.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was in a similar situation last season. I wanted a new board and I wanted to try an RC board but I wasn't sure I would like it so I went with a Nitro Swindle 145, which is a flat or zero camber board. I love this thing. It has a soft flex and is super easy to press and just shred all around the mountain. Stable at speed, decent pop (I would like a little more, but it works), good edge response. Basically it does what I need it to. As for my riding, I spend my day cruising the mountain: groomers, glades, and park. The biggest downfall was trying to ride in powder, leg pain, and lots of nose digs, but hey that's what you get trying to ride a 45 in pow. If you're skeptical, try zero camber or the combo. I recently picked up a Sierrascope, which is zero camber and rocker, I can't wait to try it. Well, good luck and hope you find something you like.
ptapia is offline   Reply With Quote