Snow Board Size Advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snow Board Size Advice

Hey guys I usually don't have any problem with buying my boards and I have a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to snowboards, I am currently looking to get the new 2011 Lib Tech T.Rice C2 BTX, my problem is I can't decide if i should go 157 or 153
I'm 5'11 roughly 155lbs, I've been snowboarding for 8 years and I would say I do 3/5 black runs/ all mountain and 2/5 park when I go boarding.
I currently ride a 156 Burton Baron
any guidance is appreciated thanks.

Edit: yes i realize i spelled snowboard wrong

Last edited by Snowbroski; 12-09-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Snowbroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Usually the effective edge of the board gives you an idea of how long the board rides. (some boards feel longer than others at the same size and this is due to differences in effective edge). If you like how your current board rides I would say choose the size with the same effective edge as your current board. If you want more manoeuverbility then go shorter, if you want more stability go longer.

I really think size is a preference thing. If you are in the correct weight range for more than one size then the rest is up to preference. Of course you can go outside the weight range but if you are unsure I would go by manufacturers given weight ranges, and you don't want to snap a board because you are too heavy for it.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Travis Rice 153
Contact Length: 1185
Waste Width: 25.3
Flex: 7

Travis Rice 157
Contact Length: 1210
Waste Width: 25.8 (this is pretty large!!!)
Flex: 7
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Custom Flying V

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between the 154 and 156 Custom Flying V. I have a 57 Arbor Coda for the all-mtn more powdery day. I want another board with a little more flex and playfulness that I can learn some spins and booters on. I usually ride a 56 as my quiver board and generally can't complain. I'm thinking smaller could be fun, but would it be stable enough goin fast?

I need advice quick!!

Thanks guys.
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

The difference between a 156 and 154 for an intermediate rider is minuscule, I'd say go for the 154 if you want to try something different and have a little more maneuverability.

That's just my dilemma though between the 157 and 153 i cant decide if i want the shorter and more responsive board or the longer better for mountain riding board.
Snowbroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbroski View Post
The difference between a 156 and 154 for an intermediate rider is minuscule, I'd say go for the 154 if you want to try something different and have a little more maneuverability.

That's just my dilemma though between the 157 and 153 i cant decide if i want the shorter and more responsive board or the longer better for mountain riding board.
I'm more on the advanced side of things... But I'm goin 54 just for the hell of it. I like the idea of a smaller more maneuverable board and since I have a 57 stiffer/more all mtn board, this smaller guy is gonna be fun! Still not TINY.. just, smaller.

If you're going with one board, I'd tell you to do 57. Gotta have something to float around on in those pow days.
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote