Park Board Selection - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Park Board Selection

I feel pretty confident with my knowledge of boards but I'd like to hear all of the input I can before buying another stick. I'm not loyal to any brands and I'm open to all opinions. I spend roughly 80% of my time in the park hitting everything from the 4 ft kickers, to the 20 ft jumps, to boxes, to rails etc....obviously the other 20% I'm just cruising around the rest of the mountain. I don't have to have something that is blazing fast. The only thing that I'm pretty set on is having a true twin (or very close to it) shape/stance. If you want to make a binding recommendation with the board I'd be happy to consider them as well. Thanks for the help in advance guys.
baine21225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Isnt park board like park board..some are pure noodles for jibs and bonks , some has some decent stiffnes for big kickers and transitions some are somewhere in the middle. NS evo , Rome Artifact/Agent rocker , Capita Horroscope/Indoor Survival , K2 parkstar/fastplant , Ride Machette/Kink , Bataleon Evil Twin/Airobic , Lib Banana/TRS , Nitro Swindle/Rook , Smokin Buck Ferton/Big Wig to name few solid park decks.... About bindings Rome 390 , Flux/Ride/K2 are way to go.
Zany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

lib skate banana, box scratcher, and gnu park pickle would all be good options to check out. also heard decent things about the gnu street series. i ride rome 390 boss bindings, and i couldnt say a bad think about em.
graybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybox View Post
lib skate banana, box scratcher, and gnu park pickle would all be good options to check out. also heard decent things about the gnu street series. i ride rome 390 boss bindings, and i couldnt say a bad think about em.
i've got 390 boss's too. they're fantastic. got em on my box scratcher. thats my addition to the list!

also, the capita stairmaster and academy propaganda are two great park boards. they get my vote too!
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

cant go wrong with da gnu carbon credit same as the riders choice just cheaper (UR PAYING MORE FOR WHAT THEY SAY IS A BETTER TOP SHEET)
Sii315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

every company makes their own park board. Rome has the artifact/rocker, K2 has the the parkstar and the Weapon and Never Summer has the evo and revolver. If you do more rail and jibs get a rocker board. If you prefer jumps get a camber. I have the Rome artifact (not rocker) great board and its soft enough for rails and jibs but the camber gives it some extra pop for jumps. If you have the cash get a gnu or lib tech board like the street series, park pickle, and pretty much any lib tech board and Never Summer Evo and Revolver are great. I got the artifact b/c it was more in my budget and i got a sweet deal on it. As for bindings the Rome 390's are great, Ride Contrabands, K2 Hurrithanes and Union Flights are awesome.
thtrussiankid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just some choices off the top of my head...

For some regional choices, if you're on the east coast look up BlakSheep Snowboarding. The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Blak Sheep Gnarly State Park Stik Used and Reviewed
It's got a reverse camber design and sounds like what you're looking for.

If you're out west anywhere near Reno, consider Sentury boards. They have a two week demo period that you can use to try the board for free (you do have to give them a deposit obviously)
Snowboards by SENTURY SNOWBOARDS - Handmade in the Sierra Mountains

There's also a lot of other smaller regional brands if you keep your eyes open for them.

Now, for the big names:
K2 has the Darkstar or Parkstar. I haven't had a chance to ride either, but from descriptions and reviews the Darkstar is more stable while cruising while the Parkstar is more flexible (it also has a rocker, the Darkstar is flat).

Ride has the Machete which sounds like it would be up your alley. It'll keep you going while cruising but still perform well in the park.

NeverSummer has the Evo. I'm sure a billion people will tell you about it.

Arbor and Rome also have some good boards at which to look, although I'm not as familiar.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For a mix of the whole park look at the CAPiTA Green Machine, Flow Era, Forum Destroyer Chili, or a Smokin MIP. If you're more jib oriented look at the Signal Park, Nitro Swindle, Arbor Draft, Ride Kink, Forum Scallywag, and CAPiTA Stairmaster. For more jumps look at the CAPiTA Indoor FK, Forum Youngblood Doubledog (if 2011 is same as 2012), Smokin Buck Ferton, Flow Quantum, Ride DH, or a CAPiTA Stairmaster Extreme.

Chili and Arbors "system" are the only center reverse without camber in the tips that I do like...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think I'm going to roll with the Never Summer revolver. Thanks for the input guys.
baine21225 is offline   Reply With Quote