Looking for a board in the 132- 138 cm range for sale - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a board in the 132- 138 cm range for sale or suggestions?

I'm looking for a snowboard in the 132- 138 cm range, im 5'0 and about 90 pounds size 8 boot. Im looking for a cheap board, no bindings because i already have my own burton custom smalls. I need a new board because mine is too small. I mainly ride anything at the resort about 60% hitting jumps and hitting the rails and anything like that and about 40% just riding. I'm looking for a good deal because this board only has to last me a couple of seasons because i have my brothers 144 to grow into. I'm looking for a used board from someone or a really great deal of a board on a website. Any info please help.

Last edited by dfrey1496; 12-09-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: title was wrong
dfrey1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Assuming that's a US Men's size 8, how'd you get it to fit into a kids' size binding that has a range up to size 6?
Calibre 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

08 - 09 series fit my boot, not sure, got them from a friend. But the boot is not a true 8 its like the size of a burton 7 or 6 anyway. Do you have any suggestions on boards?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Depends how much you want to spend. "Cheap" is relative. Cheap for you might be expensive for me.

Do the boots actually fit you? I'm only asking cause a size 8 boot aka 26cm foot is going to be be harder to fit on smaller boards. Off the top of my head Capita Microscope and NeverSummer Evo Micro are available in those sizes. But you can also check Craigslist for a board.

Another option is some chain sports stores let you "rent" board, boots and binding for about $200 a season and you can bring the gear back in if you out grow them during the season. So you can start out on a 132, then move up to a 140 or whatever by season end. And you'll also get some boots that fit.
Calibre 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

the boots do fit me and they fit on my friends dc pbj 136 or 138 and it was the bindings i have now, on his board so i know they will fit, but i dont need this board to last that long just a season or two. im mainly looking used unless you can find a good deal on now in the 175 or less used doubt i could find one new, but hopefully you can help.