Board for 10-year-old newbie ??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board for 10-year-old newbie ???

My 10-year-old daughter will be snowboarding for the first time this winter, something she really wants to do, and since her Dad (me) knows nothing about snowboarding, I'm hoping for some helpful advice.

My daughter is small and light -- 4' 3" and 53 pounds -- and I would like to get her equipment that is geared towards making it easier to learn. I'm not looking to spend a fortune or train a future champ; I just want her to have as much fun as possible and not be overly handicapped by equipment that makes it tougher to learn.

Since I'm in London, Ontario, the selection locally is small but I frequently buy mail order in the US and ship to a nearby border city in Michigan.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

NE
northexposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey dude, My son is 6 and weighs about 49 pounds. He rides a 110cm burton chopper. the 2011 boards have great technolgy and make learning easy. I'd try craigslist for a used one 1st. if not id recomend getting it here....Save on Burton Chopper Snowboard 115 - Kids, Youth Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment
TsEthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by northexposure View Post
My 10-year-old daughter will be snowboarding for the first time this winter, something she really wants to do, and since her Dad (me) knows nothing about snowboarding, I'm hoping for some helpful advice.

My daughter is small and light -- 4' 3" and 53 pounds -- and I would like to get her equipment that is geared towards making it easier to learn. I'm not looking to spend a fortune or train a future champ; I just want her to have as much fun as possible and not be overly handicapped by equipment that makes it tougher to learn.

Since I'm in London, Ontario, the selection locally is small but I frequently buy mail order in the US and ship to a nearby border city in Michigan.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

NE
burton chopper would be a good call, also take a look at the lib ripper 115 from Lib Tech. It's reverse camber so learning to get edge to edge turns is really easy and it speeds up the learning process exponentially.

Lib Tech Lib Ripper Skate Banana BTX Banana Rocker (Blue/Green) Snowboard - Youth 2011 | evo
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote