burton sherlock - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default burton sherlock

Wife, just got me a burton sherlock board with c02 est bindings. How is this setup for 90 percent freeriding? I have been injured for the past year so I have not kept up much with new boards. She wanted to surprise me and the salesmen talked her into this board.

I am 5'10 170lbs intermediate rider that doesn't go into the park much at all. I was riding a lib tech trs btx before which I really liked but part of the metal edge fell off of it.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One of the best boards Burton has come out with in a very long time, it's gotten amazing reviews so far this year. I haven't ridden one but I do have Co2's and they are an amazing binding. Very stiff, and very responsive. Congrats on the new setup, it'll be perfect for you
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not a huge fan of burton and even I can't deny I've heard alot of good things about the sherlock.
Xelorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

thanks for the info guys, now I just need to find me some good stiff boots.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just went through this myself. I tried on Burton, Nike, 32, and Salomon.

I don't like Burton because the last 2 pair I had packed out a full size. So you're either trying to stretch out a boot which is too small (hurts like hell) or you buy them comfortable new and you'll get 20-30 days out of them before they're way to big and you lose board control. I also had an issue with their speed zone laces loosening while riding. The problem with this is the components that wear out and cause the boots to loosen can't be replaced. Unlike Salomon that uses screws so you can replace your hardwear, Burtons are riveted on, so you gotta buy brand new boots every year (it's almost like they planned it that way for some reason).

Hated Thirty Two's!!! The liner was so uncomfortable even after heat moulding and I had way too much room in the toe area width wise even though I had no room in the toe area length wise (without sizing up and getting horrible heel lift). So I went with the smaller size with the hopes they'd packout. After walking around my house for 4 hours my feet finally felt better when they went numb and I lost all feeling, and it was only better because the pain finally went away. Fucking terrible boot, needless to say I returned them.

Nike felt ok in the store for the short time I had them on. But they are a narrow boot and I knew if I had these things on for a long period of time with thicker snowboard socks circulation would decrease and I'd have cold numb feet all day.

This brings me to the Salomon F22. I slipped my foot in and was instantly greeted with the most comfortable, supportive, soft cushioned stiff boot I've ever tried on. It reminded me of my first blow job. Greatest feeling in the world. I have no idea how they'll packout or how long they'll last but they feel already broken in (before the heat moulding!) and the laces & components that go along with them can be replaced, which is huge.

I'm sold on Salomon, you should look into the F22 or Malamute. P.S. I wrote this on my phone so if there's any spelling or grammer issues, fuck off

Dano
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had the salomon malamutes, but the kid that sold me them sold me the wrong size. Imagine, 350$ for a boot that lasted about a year, and I ride less than 20 days a year! I wear a size 8-9 shoe and I bought a 9 boot and by the end of the first year they were packed way the fuck out and flexed like a shoe. I was not impressed. Picked up some 32 Lashed boots int a size 8 around february last year and they feel great. My toes are just touching the end and I'm sure they will pack you just the way I want them to.
However, while the malamutes were not packed out they were great boots. Very comfortable and rock solid, a stiff boot great for freeriding. I just wish I could have bought the right size so I could still be putting them to good use.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Here's a test to this board I'm backing it 100% and Burton can go fuck itself.