Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Buying a 2011 Bataleon Jam...Binding help (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/34076-buying-2011-bataleon-jam-binding-help.html)

Colorado311 12-11-2010 03:11 PM

Buying a 2011 Bataleon Jam...Binding help

Hey, gettin the 2011 jam, need some help with some bindings, i was going for the EST burton bindings before choosing this board, would those still work on this board or are there any better ones...? i've tried researching this but to no luck, so i'm asking you all! thanks

PATKOUG 12-11-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado311 (Post 340925)
Hey, gettin the 2011 jam, need some help with some bindings, i was going for the EST burton bindings before choosing this board, would those still work on this board or are there any better ones...? i've tried researching this but to no luck, so i'm asking you all! thanks

Burton EST Bindings ONLY work on/with Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards.

Therefore Burton EST Bindings are completely USELESS if you don't have a Burton ICS/Channel Board/2-hole to use them on/with.

Burton EST Bindings are designed/constructed specifically for use on/with Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards and are therefore unique in that respect.

Most snowboards use the industry standard 4-hole binding mounting insert pattern. All Bataleons have 4-hole insert patterns, so you'll need some 4-hole compatible bindings.

Most bindings utilize a (relatively solid) baseplate design with a mounting disc that is 4-hole compatible. Sometimes 4-hole discs are also 3-hole compatible or, if available, the 4-hole discs can be substituted for 3-hole compatible discs.

Burton has plenty of traditional/disc-type bindings that can be used on both 4-hole and 3-hole (and ICS/Channel/2-hole) boards. Burton traditional/disc-type bindings can also be used on Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards with special ICS/Channel/2-hole discs. I think that a few other binding companies just started producing their own special ICS/Channel/2-hole discs this season so that their bindings can be used on/with Burton ICS/Channel/2-hole Boards.

There are plenty of good mid-flexing and mid-stiff bindings for you to choose from.

To name just a few:

Burton Cartels,
Burton P1.1s,
Burton CO2s,
Rome Arsenals,
Rome S90s (a special edition Arsenal/390 Hybrid that is available only at trusnow.com),
Rome 390s,
Rome Boss 390s,
Rome Targas,
Union Forces,
Union Datas,
Union Force DLXs (now called Asadachis),
Union Force SLs,
Union Force MCs,
probably just about any Union Force/Data hybrid,

and the list goes on and on and on...

Gibbarn 12-11-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado311 (Post 340925)
...i've tried researching this but to no luck, so i'm asking you all! thanks

Seems like you did a poor job on that research. Anyway, the inserts is'nt the important thing really, though EST only works with ICS (which is general knowledge) and can't be used by any board. When doing research on something like this, dont just type "Bataleon jam best binding fit!", or somthing similar. You gotta do research for real dude. Read discussions about other boards and bindings and it will all fall in to place after a while. Happy searching!

Otherwise you can just go buy some bindings, they all work, usually.

Nivek 12-11-2010 08:40 PM

Standouts for me that will do well on the Jam are Flux SF45's, Union Force SL's, Flow NXT-FSE, Ride Deltas, and Forum Shakas.

Colorado311 12-11-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbarn (Post 340937)
Seems like you did a poor job on that research. Anyway, the inserts is'nt the important thing really, though EST only works with ICS (which is general knowledge) and can't be used by any board. When doing research on something like this, dont just type "Bataleon jam best binding fit!", or somthing similar. You gotta do research for real dude. Read discussions about other boards and bindings and it will all fall in to place after a while. Happy searching!

Otherwise you can just go buy some bindings, they all work, usually.

haha well to let you know how unexperianced i am with boarding i've only been twice. but i've skii'd alot and i longboard just about everyday during the dry season. i just moved from NE to colorado and snowboarding seems really easy for me...i learned how to ride the mountain of breck in one day...not to say i tried all the blacks i could. but i could push the board i rented to the max and i'm ready for something way faster and more aggressive. it may not be the same. but i learned longboarding with a POS sector 9, when i bought my own loaded dervish and tan tien my skill elevated as well as my riding within the first few weeks, and i feel the same may happen with snowboarding, as long as i get an all mountain board...provided i'll try other terrain.. i'll be okay because i love the challenge of everything new and just didnt know about the binding configurations of the other boards vs. bataleon. my friend just got back from bariloche argentina and said i should get a camber'd board because its better to learn on and they dont even accept rocker board riding as a form of knowledgable experience on the slopes. so i did some research on the TBT and it sounds well rounded and thats about it for my schpeel. but thank you for the information you guys i really had no idea what to expect when searching for a board. thanks again!

extra0 12-13-2010 12:10 AM

I've been using rome bindings on my bataleons - kinda heavy, but the ones I got are pretty solid. Speaking of solid, that jam should last you a very long time...not necessarily a beginner board, but you'll grow into it

Colorado311 12-13-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extra0 (Post 341487)
I've been using rome bindings on my bataleons - kinda heavy, but the ones I got are pretty solid. Speaking of solid, that jam should last you a very long time...not necessarily a beginner board, but you'll grow into it

yup thats what i was probably going to go for the rome targa or somethin. but yea even as a beginner i think i'll learn mad fast on this board, or any for that matter. theres alota different aspects that go into riding that i'm not familiar with but give me a week and i'll be a demon on the slopes