Rossignol - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Eh for the last 2 years Rossi has been passed around more than a hooker at a traveling salesmen convention. I don't put any faith in anything their making at this very second but maybe if the powers that be remove their head from there ass it could happen.
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsstar298 View Post
So rpm is a good board
Are you looking at the deal on evo. I see an rpm there for 150. It's probably the best you can do in that price range.
rainboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

I had an old Rossingnol that was absolutely indestructable so I'd buy one again, but I also got a K2 Select wide and after the first day got huge gouges in it! weeeakk.
Peabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
So I guess you avoid any brand that's made in Elans factory too like Capita huh? You really should remove your head from your ass and wipe the shit from your eyes.
Capita? Yep, I'll avoid them. I've found the construction of their boards rather cheap. Bad example if you're trying to make a point. Regardless, there's very few boards by ski companies I'd buy. PS -- elan probably has little to do with the actual design process. They just manufacture what they're told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboarding View Post
Are you looking at the deal on evo. I see an rpm there for 150. It's probably the best you can do in that price range.
For $150? Outside of Lamar.. that's probably true.
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMuzik View Post
Capita? Yep, I'll avoid them. I've found the construction of their boards rather cheap. Bad example if you're trying to make a point. Regardless, there's very few boards by ski companies I'd buy. PS -- elan probably has little to do with the actual design process. They just manufacture what they're told.
You'd be surprised how many companies just slap their graphic on an Elan shape. But you want a better example Academy, Automaton, Rome (changed factory now I think maybe 2 models come from there) Omatic, Burton, and a whole slew of other "snowboard" brands come from there. But hey if you want to be a small minded shop kid go for it you won't get very far.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Why does everyone hate on brands that make skiis and boards
Sportsstar298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsstar298 View Post
Why does everyone hate on brands that make skiis and boards
Because some people are ignorant twats that don't their history of snowboarding.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

If you're looking to spend about $150, you should really be looking at models from last year or the year before- your money will go much farther if you're not buying the latest line. Look for an '09ish K2, or something like a Burton Clash. You should be able to stick under $200 and get something fairly decent. Rossi is iffy, as people have said, especially in the lower price ranges- but that doesn't mean to write them off completely. good luck!
shrednasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrednasty View Post
If you're looking to spend about $150, you should really be looking at models from last year or the year before- your money will go much farther if you're not buying the latest line. Look for an '09ish K2, or something like a Burton Clash. You should be able to stick under $200 and get something fairly decent. Rossi is iffy, as people have said, especially in the lower price ranges- but that doesn't mean to write them off completely. good luck!
He never answered my question about where he saw the rpm for 150, but I have to guess he was already looking at past season boards. Where are you gonna find a 2011 board for 150? I doubt that even lamar has boards at that price point.

But if you look at this link:
Rossignol R.P.M. Snowboard 2010 | evo outlet

There's an rpm for 149.90 with their 20% off deal so it'd really be 120. Pretty cheap.

Or:
Rossignol Retox Snowboard 2010 | evo outlet

Rossignol Retox for 189.90 which would be 150.
rainboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboarding View Post
He never answered my question about where he saw the rpm for 150, but I have to guess he was already looking at past season boards. Where are you gonna find a 2011 board for 150? I doubt that even lamar has boards at that price point.

But if you look at this link:
Rossignol R.P.M. Snowboard 2010 | evo outlet

There's an rpm for 149.90 with their 20% off deal so it'd really be 120. Pretty cheap.

Or:
Rossignol Retox Snowboard 2010 | evo outlet

Rossignol Retox for 189.90 which would be 150.

Very true- I guess I was thinking he just found a screamin sale or something haha. Those are some pretty great deals though, thanks for the links. I don't know why I even know or care but lamar does have a sub- $200 board, maybe 2. Who buys them I have no idea.
shrednasty is offline   Reply With Quote